Talking to an ex...does it ever work?

Girl-Afraid

Least Likely To
So as in the title.
An ex boyfriend has started talking to me & don't know what I should do.
Would you/have you ever talked to/been friends with an ex?

So as in the title.

My ex-wife is my best friend! My aunt's ex-husband is her best friend. True friends are hard to come by in this difficult world. I'm speaking about true friends. Not fly-by-night friends. As for your situation with your ex-boyfriend only you can determine if rekindling a friendship with him is in your best interest. If he's someone who has been a drain on your life and made you feel depressed and stressed then it's better not to have him in your life. Put him in your rearview mirror and simply drive away. If he makes you feel happy and cares about you then rekindling your friendship is a wise move. Go with what's in your gut. That's probably more an American terminology but it means Go with your heart. With everything in life always go with your heart.

My ex-wife is my best friend! My aunt's ex-husband is her best friend. True friends are hard to come by in this difficult world. I'm speaking about true friends. Not fly-by-night friends. As for your situation with your ex-boyfriend only you can determine if rekindling a friendship with him is in your best interest. If he's someone who has been a drain on your life and made you feel depressed and stressed then it's better not to have him in your life. Put him in your rearview mirror and simply drive away. If he makes you feel happy and cares about you then rekindling your friendship is a wise move. Go with what's in your gut. That's probably more an American terminology but it means Go with your heart. With everything in life always go with your heart.
Interesting one this. I've always admired ex-couples who remain friends. I could never manage it, although I am particularly immature and irresponsible. I think you should always go with your head. Your heart is a wayward, out of control monster that will lead you to disaster and oblivion.

Re: same old

My first boyfriend became my best friend for about 6 years after we broke up. We were really close until he moved to New York and decided he could only hang out with fellow musicians. He's the only ex I ever kept in contact with, besides one drunk dial from an ex asking if I'd paint a picture of Tupac for him. :squiffy:

If the relationship is 100% behind you and you have no more romantic feelings for one another, I believe a friendship is not out of the question. I am, however, ruthlessly monogamous and I believe that if you're using this friendship as a guise to destroy someone else's relationship, you should be ashamed of yourself.

My first boyfriend became my best friend for about 6 years after we broke up. We were really close until he moved to New York and decided he could only hang out with fellow musicians. He's the only ex I ever kept in contact with, besides one drunk dial from an ex asking if I'd paint a picture of Tupac for him. :squiffy:

If the relationship is 100% behind you and you have no more romantic feelings for one another, I believe a friendship is not out of the question. I am, however, ruthlessly monogamous and I believe that if you're using this friendship as a guise to destroy someone else's relationship, you should be ashamed of yourself.

He doesn't have a partner.
It is purely friendship on my side. Don't know about his.

my most serious girlfriend I've ever had is one of my bestfriends. I can honestly say that there will not be a day I don't love her. we just realized that we couldn't queen romantically. It's possible if you aren't promising another go round at least initially.

So as in the title.

Why do you ask for advice from a bunch of strangers on a Morrissey website?

hey G-A, I assume you know by now to just ignore the few negative nellies :rolleyes: that dominate the site these days, right? :o
anyways, I enjoyed reading most people's responses to your query, whether you take any of their advice or not :thumb:
as for my 2 cents, since my divorce its been easy for me to be friends with most exes* I had since then :straightface:
the reason being that I had almost no romantic feelings towards them post those "break ups"
however, I think, like others in this thread, if such is not the case, then forget it, we all need friends, but not the baggage of them(or you) wanting to get with them again :cool:

*=psycho druggie girls excepted of course

I would quite happily talk to any of my X's.(as in ladies longer than a few dates)
Whether they all feel the same way ?????
As has been said,they're X's for a reason.

He doesn't have a partner.
It is purely friendship on my side. Don't know about his.

Oh, tempest sea girl, what, oh what are you doing?
Churning, icy, cold liquid begins to warm creating frothy spirals of slow emotion on the surface....
But is it only rippling on the surface? How deep does it go? How deep can it go?

Communication is the key. Sea girl, you have to take a stand sometime. You owe it to yourself.
Be true to yourself. xx

Oh, tempest sea girl, what, oh what are you doing?
Churning, icy, cold liquid begins to warm creating frothy spirals of slow emotion on the surface....
But is it only rippling on the surface? How deep does it go? How deep can it go?

Communication is the key. Sea girl, you have to take a stand sometime. You owe it to yourself.
Be true to yourself. xx

You are not as anonymous as you think. ;)

Because I can.

Because sometimes close friends and family can't be very partial and its good to seek outside advice for certain things. At least in my situations that it true. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Me and my ex are better friends now then when we were a couple and hang out together with no drama. It can happen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom