"The world won't listen" - statement from Morrissey at true-to-you.net

Re: The world won't listen - statement from Morrissey at true-to-you

People in power never give up power. Look at Assad - if you must; his dingbat wife continuing to smile and wave, wrapped in Fendi, as the people of Syria disappear into dust. It is the same shame that the British utilized whilst claiming ownership of the Malvinas by shooting anyone who stood in their way. How very brave. Imagine if Taiwan claimed the Isle of Wight. Yes, it is that silly. The Queen is conveniently said to have no political power, yet it would be impossible to imagine her government disagreeing with her if she elected to return the Malvinas to the Argentinian people, and although David Cameron is gung-ho ready to see more British and Argentinian boys die in battle for this odd bit of turf, he cannot see the richer intellect in simply returning the islands to their rightful owners. Yet Cameron is haughtily aghast when people run riot on the streets of Coventry stealing hair-dryers worth ten pounds. Outrage!
What is never considered is how the occupants of the Malvinas (who want to bask in the south seas whilst also having the benefit of the NHS, and who number only about 2,500) are quite satisfied to sit back and watch service personnel die defending their post box. Has such selfishness ever been known? What makes it all worth it?

Thank you to Russell Brand for standing up and speaking out in recent weeks. Like anyone who speaks out in modern Britain, he has been shot down. Nothing must interfere with the depressive psychosis of modern Britain, which has become a most violent and melancholic country, with no space for measured debate. Like Russell, I believe that the most powerful vote you can give is No Vote; for the days of Prime Ministers have gone, and it's time for a form of change that is far more meaningful than simply switching blue to red. The print media will only support people who do not matter and who are incapable of instigating thought - David 'rent-a-smile' Beckham; his wife - famous for having nothing to do; the dum dum dummies of the Katie Price set; the overweight Jamie 'Orrible, who tells us all how to eat correctly.
At what point did the dis-United Kingdom become a cabbagehead nation? Where is the rich intellect of debate? Where is our Maya Angelou, our James Baldwin, our Allen Ginsberg, our Anthony Burgess, our political and social reformers? At what point did the shatterbrained scatterbrains take over - with all leading British politicians suddenly looking like extras from Brideshead Revisited? Although it is clear to assess the Addams Family of SW1X as the utterly useless and embarrassing ambassadors of a sinking England, how can we effect change without being tear-gassed? In the absence of democracy, there is no way.

I write this without outburst; a staunch non-terrorist, quietly, calmly and composedly, as I mourn the loss of the land.

Morrissey
16 November 2013.

"The sheer venom tells you far more about the delicate mental state of the author than it says about his targets" how ironic coming from barleycorn, he describes himself perfectly

Re: Article: "The world won't listen" - statement from Morrissey at true-to-you.net

"Prententious, moi?"

A famous French quotation in French. Seems fair enough to me. Beside, you might educate yourself a little. Lord knows you need it.

"The sheer venom tells you far more about the delicate mental state of the author than it says about his targets" how ironic coming from barleycorn, he describes himself perfectly

You'd hope "I know you are, you said you are, but what am I?" had been left back in the infants' school, wouldn't you? But no. Oirish still considers it an intellectual coup de grace. It probably is in his sheltered accommodation.

I doubt you've ever noticed but you lot never manage to argue against my opinions. You just attack me for holding them. One day you might come up with a cogent argument, you never know. We do know. I was being facetious.

The truth is, as I have mentioned several times before, the Morrissey of today appeals to barely literate, deeply unhappy misanthropes. They see him and recognise themselves looking back. His recent statements and his booky wook have revealed not a man of letters, but instead a hate filled, self-obsessed monster. It wasn't always the case. The Smiths were a joyous, enthralling spectacle. Thirty years later we are left with a disappointed hate filled husk, where once stood the greatest lyricist of his generation. It is an utter tragedy.

If most of us had handed something like Morrissey's tedious tirade in to our English teachers we would be told to go off and do it again. The fact you see it as a masterpiece reveals how little you know of even basic English.

You're only 102 posts in...It isn't too late to create an 'Irish blood, Polack brain' username.

Been checking me out have you? I had no idea how many times I had posted, but thanks anyway for that useless bit of information, as for your suggestion, unfortunately I have no polski in my bloodline so it wouldn't be appropriate

You'd hope "I know you are, you said you are, but what am I?" had been left back in the infants' school, wouldn't you? But no. Oirish still considers it an intellectual coup de grace. It probably is in his sheltered accommodation.

I doubt you've ever noticed but you lot never manage to argue against my opinions. You just attack me for holding them. One day you might come up with a cogent argument, you never know. We do know. I was being facetious.

The truth is, as I have mentioned several times before, the Morrissey of today appeals to barely literate, deeply unhappy misanthropes. They see him and recognise themselves looking back. His recent statements and his booky wook have revealed not a man of letters, but instead a hate filled, self-obsessed monster. It wasn't always the case. The Smiths were a joyous, enthralling spectacle. Thirty years later we are left with a disappointed hate filled husk, where once stood the greatest lyricist of his generation. It is an utter tragedy.

If most of us had handed something like Morrissey's tedious tirade in to our English teachers we would be told to go off and do it again. The fact you see it as a masterpiece reveals how little you know of even basic English.

I see nothing to disagree with or argue about here Johnny. Take an apple from the bowl sir.

Benny-the-Butcher

Been checking me out have you? I had no idea how many times I had posted, but thanks anyway for that useless bit of information, as for your suggestion, unfortunately I have no polski in my bloodline so it wouldn't be appropriate

You can’t take Viva seriously, He’s just a harmless nerd.

I posted it because Moz used the word 'royals' about 68 times in the statement.

I understand! I am just sort of surprised by how Moz circa 1996 the weird boxing skinheads are.

Is this a thing--boxing skinheads--I always just thought it was something from one of Morrissey's...more unique career phases...but now I see them in this Lorde video and maybe there's something I am unaware of?

Be careful, JB; if you want people to engage in meaningful debate with you, then you should refrain from using brash, sweeping, derogatory generalizations that cannot possibly be substantiated. You have no way of knowing what motivates each Morrissey fan, nor do you have any possible means of assessing his/her level of education, intellect, or emotional state. Therefore, your post reads as an assault on everyone who presently finds value in Morrissey's words, essentially attackng them for holding an opinion that differs from yours. That sounds quite familiar,doesn't it? As for grading Morrissey's statement, most English teachers would consider the purpose of the presentation. An emotionally charged response to an event would not receive the same grammatical scrutiny as a thesis paper or some form of business correspondence. Besides, this has always been Morrissey's style of writing; his prose tends to be a bit ostentatious while his song lyrics are beautifully succinct. Personally, I enjoy reading both. How an individual perceives Morrissey's writing is subjective, so it is not a question of a right or wrong opinion; it is simply a personal response.

lynnda

Really? No idea how many posts you've made? Are you sure you're not Polish?

George Takei, Mr. FIVE MILLION FACEBOOK FOLLOWERS picked up this story and called out it's cruelty. :thumb:

Not the last time I checked, don't know how many posts because I don't go into my profile, is doing so not a bit vain? A bit like looking in the mirror all the time, I could be wrong, I'm still relatively new to this Internet thing

Look to the left of your post.

You will see your username.
Then you will see "Senior Member"
Then you will see your join date.
Then your will see your post count.

Look to the left of your post.

You will see your username.
Then you will see "Senior Member"
Then you will see your join date.
Then your will see your post count.

Not from the mainpage, only if he reads the thread in the article within the forum. At least on mine you don't see post counts on the mainpage.

Really? No idea how many posts you've made? Are you sure you're not Polish?

Anti-Polish racism what decade are you from?

Are you certain you weren't waterboarded as a child?

Because after I realized you weren't a sock puppet that was the only logical explanation I could come up with for your behavior.

Re: The world won't listen - statement from Morrissey at true-to-you

Well it depends on what his goals are. Does he just want to be a part of the newsflash... the chatter? Or does he actually want to start a discussion which can lead to changes? Activism? Right now these long-winded rants are not doing much in the way of stimulating conversation... unless you call threads like these conversations. If he had a regular platform to speak, he could be a spokesperson for his causes... turn his rants into carefully written essays. But, maybe he doesn't have the time or inclination to write more regularly.

I think he should consider it.

Obsequious, platitudinous, egotistical and just plain wrong

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom