User rudeness complaints

Re: Update from TTY: "See the luck I've had"

Hey. Still here.

Hey Oli-ver,

Something's bugging me. How come you have not acknowledged this heartfelt, beautifully written post that was written last night? No thumbs up? Nothing. Instead you continued to only focus on the negative things.

This renders your whole argument to be a bit inauthentic and insincere.

The truth is that I hadn't noticed this post because I was busy responding to the more hateful users.
Now that I've read it, I think that it's exceptionally beautiful and I agree wholeheartedly on every sentence.
I never questioned the fact that there are a lot of reasonable, good and beautiful souls on Morrissey Solo. What I'm saying is that the haters seem to be so intense that it's easy to get the feeling that they're everywhere. The atmosphere is bleak and tense. The fact that Irregular Regular actually had to end his post with "I will probably be ridiculed for writing these words, I more than half expect it" tells it all.

That being said, you may be right about the fact that I'm focusing on the negative things more than I should. I'm not a very happy person at the moment, and seeing hateful stuff easily affects my mood.

Now that I have had some time to process your visit here, I have come to the conclusion that you are a classic troll. A disruptor. An instigator. A real phoney.

Nope.

Hey. Still here.

Fine by me. :)

The truth is that I hadn't noticed this post because I was busy responding to the more hateful users.
Now that I've read it, I think that it's exceptionally beautiful and I agree wholeheartedly on every sentence.
I never questioned the fact that there are a lot of reasonable, good and beautiful souls on Morrissey Solo. What I'm saying is that the haters seem to be so intense that it's easy to get the feeling that they're everywhere. The atmosphere is bleak and tense. The fact that Irregular Regular actually had to end his post with "I will probably be ridiculed for writing these words, I more than half expect it" tells it all.

It says something. But not everything.

That being said, you may be right about the fact that I'm focusing on the negative things more than I should. I'm not a very happy person at the moment, and seeing hateful stuff easily affects my mood.

I've been there.

Fair enough.

Hey. Still here.

Nope.

96f.png

Re: Article: New UNCUT - Morrissey on Mick Ronson (Feb. 2013)

Okay. I'm off. It's unlikely that I'll respond to anything posted to me from now on. I'll simply leave Morrissey Solo behind, walk away and not come back. What's twisted about this situation is that I'm a fan of Morrissey and I actually have to leave a Morrissey fansite because it's not the right environment for people like me. (And no, I don't think that 'All You Need Is Morrissey' is the right environment for me either. Simply because the site is tacky and doesn't provide Morrissey-related news.)

My points:
1) If you don't like a singer, don't spend years of your life and several hours of the day on a website dedicated to him/her. I mean, smile sometimes, not viciously but out of humanity. So you don't like Morrissey. That's fine. Just let others discuss him without turning the conversation into a battlefield.

2) So you think that Morrissey could be a better musician and a nicer person. That's completely fine, too. But every person with some grasp on reality should be able to tell the difference between mindless idiocy and healthy criticism. I like healthy criticism. I find it interesting and important. As one poster said earlier in this thread, "Nobody wants happy-pixie land, just a bit of reasonable politeness and general respect towards each other and Morrissey."

3) There are a lot of good and interesting souls on Morrissey Solo. There are a lot of people saying very reasonable, compassionate and rightfully critical things about Morrissey and other posters. Unfortunately, certain people are terrorizing the whole place intensely enough to make the atmosphere tense, cruel and cold, especially to someone who's never visited this site before. Some people ruin it for me and for many others, and I don't think that their justification for going this makes much sense.

There's really nothing that the moderators can do. I wish that the unreasonably hateful people themselves realized that their behaviour is irrational. And moved on. They could find something else. Something better. But I'm afraid that they won't. If they just can, they'll stay on Morrissey Solo until the day they die. I wouldn't want to look back on my life and realize that I spent a decade (or decades) of my one and only life posting on a fan forum of a singer that I hate. Come on!

I've suggested that the haters could just move on. Apparently, they won't. There's nothing I can do. I'm giving up the mission. Fortunately I've still got some sense, moderation, and self-criticism left to see that there is no point spending any more time fighting something that is too complex for me to understand.

Thanks for all the interesting responses that I've received during my short visit. I genuinely appreciate many of the users that I talked to. You are fascinating people. And I'm aware that the tone of this post may be perceived as hostile. The reason is that I'm tired, frustrated and angry. I'm human. It happens.

Nothing more to say. So long, Solo. o7

Okay. I'm off. It's unlikely that I'll respond to anything posted to me from now on. I'll simply leave Morrissey Solo behind, walk away and not come back. What's twisted about this situation is that I'm a fan of Morrissey and I actually have to leave a Morrissey fansite because it's not the right environment for people like me. (And no, I don't think that 'All You Need Is Morrissey' is the right environment for me either. Simply because the site is tacky and doesn't provide Morrissey-related news.)

My points:
1) If you don't like a singer, don't spend years of your life and several hours of the day on a website dedicated to him/her. I mean, smile sometimes, not viciously but out of humanity. So you don't like Morrissey. That's fine. Just let others discuss him without turning the conversation into a battlefield.

2) So you think that Morrissey could be a better musician and a nicer person. That's completely fine, too. But every person with some grasp on reality should be able to tell the difference between mindless idiocy and healthy criticism. I like healthy criticism. I find it interesting and important. As one poster said earlier in this thread, "Nobody wants happy-pixie land, just a bit of reasonable politeness and general respect towards each other and Morrissey."

3) There are a lot of good and interesting souls on Morrissey Solo. There are a lot of people saying very reasonable, compassionate and rightfully critical things about Morrissey and other posters. Unfortunately, certain people are terrorizing the whole place intensely enough to make the atmosphere tense, cruel and cold, especially to someone who's never visited this site before. Some people ruin it for me and for many others, and I don't think that their justification for going this makes much sense.

There's really nothing that the moderators can do. I wish that the unreasonably hateful people themselves realized that their behaviour is irrational. And moved on. They could find something else. Something better. But I'm afraid that they won't. If they just can, they'll stay on Morrissey Solo until the day they die. I wouldn't want to look back on my life and realize that I spent a decade (or decades) of my one and only life posting on a fan forum of a singer that I hate. Come on!

I've suggested that the haters could just move on. Apparently, they won't. There's nothing I can do. I'm giving up the mission. Fortunately I've still got some sense, moderation, and self-criticism left to see that there is no point spending any more time fighting something that is too complex for me to understand.

Thanks for all the interesting responses that I've received during my short visit. I genuinely appreciate many of the users that I talked to. You are fascinating people. And I'm aware that the tone of this post may be perceived as hostile. The reason is that I'm tired, frustrated and angry. I'm human. It happens.

I don't want you to go, to be honest.

If I give you a chunk of my kryptonite will you reconsider?

Green_Kryptonite.jpg

My points:

Liar.

Back
Top Bottom