Why the hatred?

Because I Can

There seem to be a number of folks who visit this site just to post comments trashing the Moz and/or his fans. Now, there are plenty of musical acts that I really, really hate, such as Jane's Addiction, the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Fiddy Cent, but I have never felt the urge to go to any of their fan sites and rip on the artists or their fans, as Spongebob would say, "...in their own dojo..."

It seems counterproductive, for one thing, and a tad bit unfair. Does anyone have any ideas why our beloved Moz and his devoted fans seem to inspire this unique vitriolic hatred?

Is it misunderstanding, ignorance, jealousy, Freudian projectionist weirdness, or what?

There seem to be a number of folks who visit this site just to post comments trashing the Moz and/or his fans. Now, there are plenty of musical acts that I really, really hate, such as Jane's Addiction, the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Fiddy Cent, but I have never felt the urge to go to any of their fan sites and rip on the artists or their fans, as Spongebob would say, "...in their own dojo..."

It seems counterproductive, for one thing, and a tad bit unfair. Does anyone have any ideas why our beloved Moz and his devoted fans seem to inspire this unique vitriolic hatred?

Is it misunderstanding, ignorance, jealousy, Freudian projectionist weirdness, or what?

whats your point , that people slag off morrissey here and dont hang on his every word or that people have a laugh , and appreciate that not everything he has ever done is amazing

it would be a bit boring if everyone fawned about his splendor

i am a huge morrissey fan but from time to time see fault , as morrissey himself does (roys keen) perhaps learn to listen to the opinions and make your own known

welcome to the forum by the way ;)

Well sure...

I'm certainly not meaning to say that Moz has never done anything that sucks... I DO have "Kill Uncle."

I guess I was just thinking about some of the "anonymous" posts I've seen, especially in response to the NFL commerical "Everyday is Like Sunday" topic, where the criticism of Moz/Fans is not directed at an actual characteristic disliked by the poster, but just the fact that Moz/Fans exist and are some kind of assumed "cliche."

Thanks for the welcome, by the way.

Hmmm

Welcome to the madhouse. :D

FYI, I'd suggest you to read earlier similar thread:

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=64892

Well sure...

I'm certainly not meaning to say that Moz has never done anything that sucks... I DO have "Kill Uncle."

I guess I was just thinking about some of the "anonymous" posts I've seen, especially in response to the NFL commerical "Everyday is Like Sunday" topic, where the criticism of Moz/Fans is not directed at an actual characteristic disliked by the poster, but just the fact that Moz/Fans exist and are some kind of assumed "cliche."

Thanks for the welcome, by the way.

you have a good point , you will learn what opinions are worth bothering about and whos you will value

kewpie will keep you right ... she is the pointer of direction

Sorry about the Newbie Rudeness, Kewpie... Guess I really should have searched the already-posted threads first.

Initial faux-pas aside, I think I am going to like it here.

Sorry about the Newbie Rudeness, Kewpie... Guess I really should have searched the already-posted threads first.

Initial faux-pas aside, I think I am going to like it here.

No need for apologise. :o

Previous thread has been archived, but still interesting to read.

Hope more people will add their thoughts in here.

I think it's just down to the fact that it's very easy to post on the main page, so that encourages anyone to throw some mud anonymously and then run away. They don't even have to invent a false name. They just see a story about Morrissey on google and drop in to try and wind someone up.

Most other bands fansites require you to register before posting so it takes a bit more effort. Since this forum required registration the amount of hate posts have gone down considerably. And you're right that there is a big difference between criticism and hate.

To be honest I've given up on the main site. I don't submit stories there because you know the response is going to be mainly abuse. If I see something I think Morrissey fans might be interested in I post it here.

Mainpage

I think it's just down to the fact that it's very easy to post on the main page, so that encourages anyone to throw some mud anonymously and then run away. They don't even have to invent a false name. They just see a story about Morrissey on google and drop in to try and wind someone up.

Most other bands fansites require you to register before posting so it takes a bit more effort. Since this forum required registration the amount of hate posts have gone down considerably. And you're right that there is a big difference between criticism and hate.

To be honest I've given up on the main site. I don't submit stories there because you know the response is going to be mainly abuse. If I see something I think Morrissey fans might be interested in I post it here.

Regarding mainpage posts, please read the following thread:
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=80050

Mainpage software is Slash and forums software is vBulletin for different purposes.

Last edited:
In the 25 years I've "known" him the Moz has never done anything wrong.;)

In the 25 years I've "known" him the Moz has never done anything wrong.;)

liar.jpg

Have you read speedfreaks ball's thread?

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=66691

:p

I was bored before I even began.

Peter

It is probably all of the reasons above and more...and i feel it some what pointless to go on someones site just to rip them off! Its actually rather pathetic. Yours Truly Scarlett :)

Back
Top Bottom