Why the hatred?

Fyi

There seem to be a number of folks who visit this site just to post comments trashing the Moz and/or his fans. Now, there are plenty of musical acts that I really, really hate, such as Jane's Addiction, the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Fiddy Cent, but I have never felt the urge to go to any of their fan sites and rip on the artists or their fans, as Spongebob would say, "...in their own dojo..."

It seems counterproductive, for one thing, and a tad bit unfair. Does anyone have any ideas why our beloved Moz and his devoted fans seem to inspire this unique vitriolic hatred?

Is it misunderstanding, ignorance, jealousy, Freudian projectionist weirdness, or what?

It is probably all of the reasons above and more...and i feel it some what pointless to go on someones site just to rip them off! Its actually rather pathetic. Yours Truly Scarlett :)

Hi Scarlett, you don't have to copy and paste if you'd like to quote other's post.

Click quote on the bottom then the quote will be added automatically. ;)

There are some individuals, particularly on the main board, who positively vilify Morrissey and yet at the same time know everything about the man and clearly monitor his every move. Very strange. A little disturbing.

You can't help wondering if these people imagine Morrissey has personally slighted them in some way. A candid and profound love letter 'returned to sender' perhaps...?

Or maybe they just do it for pure devilment.

Whatever the case, it would probably be a good deal less interesting around here without them.

There are some individuals, particularly on the main board, who positively vilify Morrissey and yet at the same time know everything about the man and clearly monitor his every move. Very strange. A little disturbing.

You can't help wondering if these people imagine Morrissey has personally slighted them in some way. A candid and profound love letter 'returned to sender' perhaps...?

Or maybe they just do it for pure devilment.

Whatever the case, it would probably be a good deal less interesting around here without them.

I think this is a very interesting insight, and now that I consider it, I think you're right.

There seem to be a number of folks who visit this site just to post comments trashing the Moz and/or his fans. Now, there are plenty of musical acts that I really, really hate, such as Jane's Addiction, the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Fiddy Cent, but I have never felt the urge to go to any of their fan sites and rip on the artists or their fans, as Spongebob would say, "...in their own dojo..."

It's fans like you that make this place a pain in the ass.

Oh, and welcome to SoLow. :D

well, regardless of all that Because I Can :rolleyes:
howdy & welcome
sign0201.gif

Hey NRITH, an adult with fetal alcohol syndrome dressed up as a redneck (-hunter?) for Halloween? NICE! what was the wife? :p

It seems counterproductive, for one thing, and a tad bit unfair. Does anyone have any ideas why our beloved Moz and his devoted fans seem to inspire this unique vitriolic hatred?

Is it misunderstanding, ignorance, jealousy, Freudian projectionist weirdness, or what?

You have too much anger child :mad: like that. It is not good for anyone

Why all the hatred?

So tell me, if we all love Morrissey, why is there so much hatred on the main Solo site between the English and Americans?

I just don't get it.

I have seen him on both sides of the pond and never found this hatred in real life.

I am a Manc so hate me if you want.

Re: Why all the hatred?

Because it's the internet and we're all douchenozzles?

is it between the american's and brits?

i wondered what it was about, recently seems to be an influx of anger/arguing but i didn't realize they were spitting at eachother over the pond....were helping global warming in that case (its a long stretch of the imagination to get that one maybe?)

Re: Why all the hatred?

I wouldn't worry about it, it's just an indication of the complete dickheads who infest the main forum. I recently saw on another forum someone post inciting others to post on the main page of Morrissey solo in order to wind Morrissey fans up. That's the sort of stuff you get when you don't require people to register. Total idiots.

Back
Top Bottom