Young Morrissey photo with Aunt Mary posted on Facebook

In a NYD t-shirt. Saw this posted on Facebook, thought some may be interested.

WxmMRKM.jpg

P.

I wonder how old he is in that picture? I am assuming that is his sister? They have the same smile :D

CrystalGeezer, I do like your Fantasy - very sensual, very erotic.

One of these days we're going to take it to the next level. And it's going to be "Tasty." :D

Only if he’s high on morphine and doesn’t know who the f*** he’s doing.

Calm the f*** down, Playcat. This is happening IN MY BRAIN. Jesus. :rolleyes:

1. When did Morrissey start wearing a quiff?

2. Playcat, you try so hard. It's cute.

You make broad generalizations that prove that you are a narrow-minded, self-absorbed, pathetic little man, and it's not surprising that your only concern is how a woman can service you. I bet you keep the $20 hookers in your neighborhood quite busy. If you had actually attended any concerts recently, you would see a mix of people, college students, middle-aged males and females, and you would see that many of the women (and men) trying to get to the stage are quite attractive; but, I'm sure you would cower from any good looking women for fear of immediate rejection. It sounds as if you are projecting your insecurities on to others. How sad. As for your deluded sense of achievement, your tedious tirades are just more of the same rancid, flimsy bait on a dull hook, and no one is biting. You 'debunk' absolutely nothing. That would imply that you have provided some startling revelation that alters the collective opinion of Morrissey, and that simply isn't the case. People have formed their own opinions concerning Morrissey, and they certainly won't change them based on your manic rants. If fact, your posts only inspire contempt (or pity) for you, not Morrissey. So you want all of us to 'ignore' you; well, I doubt that. The only reason that you could possibly be making such an exorbitant amount of posts is that you are desperately seeking attention from someone, anyone. If I choose to ignore you, it's because I'm bored, not threatened; it all depends upon my general mood. You seem to think yourself quite the intellectual, but I doubt that many people here would agree. Your fallback responses to any form of debate are "anyone who still values Morrissey is a brain-washed cult member" and "Don't judge my hateful, bitter, intolerant statements; don't you remember when Morrissey did this or said that?" He started it, waaaaaaah! What a juvenile and inept strategy. Your great attack against me is that my statements are "silly". Really, is that the best you can do? Respond or don't respond, it really doesn't matter. You are like a mosquito, annoying when you are present and completely forgotten when you are gone. Morrissey, on the other hand, will be remembered as an influential figure in music long after he has passed.

lynnda
Oh dear.
Really Lynnda, this last post is the internet equivalent of a hissy fit.
Do you think it a worthy reposte?
I don't know why I'm throwing my oar in. I guess I hate seeing
people throw their dignity away.

Brummie is running rings around the lot of you.
Can't you see that he keeps his arguments rational, consistent and to the point, and by simply throwing insults based on nothing but your anger you are simply lying down and waving your legs in the air in submission?

However, I must concede I can see how difficult it is for you. He is clearly smarter than his opponents.

If you seriously want to challenge him then be cool, calm and above all rational.

Me, I'm a fan. He's great.

Last edited:
You make broad generalizations that prove that you are a narrow-minded, self-absorbed, pathetic little man, and it's not surprising that your only concern is how a woman can service you. I bet you keep the $20 hookers in your neighborhood quite busy. If you had actually attended any concerts recently, you would see a mix of people, college students, middle-aged males and females, and you would see that many of the women (and men) trying to get to the stage are quite attractive; but, I'm sure you would cower from any good looking women for fear of immediate rejection. It sounds as if you are projecting your insecurities on to others. How sad. As for your deluded sense of achievement, your tedious tirades are just more of the same rancid, flimsy bait on a dull hook, and no one is biting. You 'debunk' absolutely nothing. That would imply that you have provided some startling revelation that alters the collective opinion of Morrissey, and that simply isn't the case. People have formed their own opinions concerning Morrissey, and they certainly won't change them based on your manic rants. If fact, your posts only inspire contempt (or pity) for you, not Morrissey. So you want all of us to 'ignore' you; well, I doubt that. The only reason that you could possibly be making such an exorbitant amount of posts is that you are desperately seeking attention from someone, anyone. If I choose to ignore you, it's because I'm bored, not threatened; it all depends upon my general mood. You seem to think yourself quite the intellectual, but I doubt that many people here would agree. Your fallback responses to any form of debate are "anyone who still values Morrissey is a brain-washed cult member" and "Don't judge my hateful, bitter, intolerant statements; don't you remember when Morrissey did this or said that?" He started it, waaaaaaah! What a juvenile and inept strategy. Your great attack against me is that my statements are "silly". Really, is that the best you can do? Respond or don't respond, it really doesn't matter. You are like a mosquito, annoying when you are present and completely forgotten when you are gone. Morrissey, on the other hand, will be remembered as an influential figure in music long after he has passed.

lynnda

A dull hook, and no one is biting ? ? ?

Hmmmm ! :rolleyes: Are we sure about this ?

Benny-the-Butcher

Dude, you’re the biggest “cult member” here who is more obsessed with Morrissey then I am! You’re obsessed with him, his fans, his everything! You quote his songs in your posts, and you contradict yourself all the time. Not that I care but I don’t believe you have a loving family cause if you did you wouldn’t be so angry and hateful. You’re a closeted homosexual and you hate yourself for having erotic feelings toward Morrissey and you come here to vent your displaced anger. Get some help.

Nothing closeted about me! Ask my wife. No, seriously. Or my kids. I can absolutely assure you I have never, EVVA, had "erotic feelings towards Morrissey". Love his voice and his absurd antics, but that's it. Oh, and love his disturbed fans, like you!

This kind of crap is what gives this site a bad name. God forbid you would post anything RELEVANT. Jesus Christ what a pack of space wasters. Nobody cares about your tantrums or sniping guttershit. I'm too busy to have to waste time reading your drivel. I'm not posting a comment again like this. Please stop clogging up the Moz solo arteries with your mental cholesterol.

lynnda

LOL! So you couldn't just bite your lip, put me on IGNORE and get on with your life? Or come back with some meaningful response? Never mind. I live in a very upmarket neighbourhood. I very much doubt there's any hookers able to afford property around here, but you never know. I've never had to pay for sex because I get offered it endlessly. That might change as I get older, but I doubt it. I have been to lots of Morrissey comedy shows, it's a truism that the closer you get to the stage the uglier the mob gets, and the more disturbed. I'm sure you're front row material.

I've utterly debunked Morrissey and nobody here has any answers:

He eats/wears torture/slaughter animal products so his claim to be an animal welfare radical is ridiculous.

He complains about the loss of the UK's identity as a nation but appears to be a tax-exile and has admitted to using his Irish ancestry to do exactly that.

He appears to be so ashamed of the idea that anyone might think he's had gay sex that he allowed the US edition of his "Autobiography" to remove any relationship revelations that might suggest that he's gay/bi/whatever.

He's ridiculous on so many levels it's hard to know where to start. But you can reply debunking my debunk if you want: good luck with that one!

I am an intellectual. Morrissey is NOT an intellectual. And trust me, lynnda: you are certainly not a gifted thinker on any level. You are indeed very, very silly. But that won't stop you replying, will it? LOL! Morrissey will indeed be remembered as a beautiful singer and a talented lyricist/composer of vocal melodies AND as one of the most ridiculous figures in popular culture. Trust me.

regards
BB

ps: Peterb I'm glad you're amused/entertained!

Oh dear.
Really Lynnda, this last post is the internet equivalent of a hissy fit.
Do you think it a worthy reposte?
I don't know why I'm throwing my oar in. I guess I hate seeing
people throw their dignity away.

Brummie is running rings around the lot of you.
Can't you see that he keeps his arguments rational, consistent and to the point, and by simply throwing insults based on nothing but your anger you are simply lying down and waving your legs in the air in submission?

However, I must concede I can see how difficult it is for you. He is clearly smarter than his opponents.

If you seriously want to challenge him then be cool, calm and above all rational.

Me, I'm a fan. He's great.

lynnda, listen to Peterb: he's trying to help you! You calm down, try and think of some rational response to me and then compose it with pen and paper before letting rip again. OK? I'm sure you'll think of a devastating response to put me in my place...

- - - Updated - - -

This kind of crap is what gives this site a bad name. God forbid you would post anything RELEVANT. Jesus Christ what a pack of space wasters. Nobody cares about your tantrums or sniping guttershit. I'm too busy to have to waste time reading your drivel. I'm not posting a comment again like this. Please stop clogging up the Moz solo arteries with your mental cholesterol.

Really hope you stick to this undertaking. Srsly.

:lbf: ACTON, that's the best thing I've read/heard all day. I'm going to remember that line.

What goes on here at Solo is what happens in so many little corners of the interwebs: people engage in endless, obsessive conversations about someone they know from a safe distance, someone who has clearly influenced their lives. Everyone here is projecting themselves onto Morrissey and each other, with predictable results. Morrissey himself is self-contained, set in his ways and has not changed much from those early days, when he gave new meaning to the word "ungovernable."

Lots of folks come here with kind, insightful and intelligent comments: over the course of the years they have remained relatively positive and thoughtful, and they clearly appreciate all the good things that Morrissey has to offer. They have real respect for Morrissey's accomplishments which (believe me) leave even his most jaded, cynical and world-weary colleagues tongue-tied with admiration. This strikes me as a reasonably good use of one's time. Those who are thoughtfully disappointed are also part of a worthwhile conversation. Those who come here to vociferously and single-mindedly disabuse Morrissey's fans of their supposed illusions are growling dogs chasing their own tails: Morrissey's fans (for the most part) know what they've gotten themselves into.

I've been in the business a long time, and I know folks who have worked very closely with Morrissey in positions of some authority. Morrissey's critics do have a point: the man is notoriously unreliable, unpredictable, and inexplicable. He is contrary, self-absorbed, and dysfunctional. He has admitted as much time and time again in his music and in interviews: he successfully turned sickness into popular song. His colleagues are as baffled by his behavior as everyone else (and they are in disagreement as to the cause). One thing I can say for sure is that some of those who knew him well (and who suffered to some degree for it) grudgingly love him nonetheless. The music business used to be (and probably still is) a moveable Satirycon (as I believe John Lennon once noted). Morrissey's sins, although grievous, pale before the outrages of many of his better-known colleagues. There are names familiar to everyone here whose attacks on and abuses of fans, journalists and fellow band members make Morrissey look relatively well-mannered and restrained. Fame, adoration and power twist the soul and release terrible demons and (should one's career last long enough), a corrosive bitterness often washes in. However unpleasant Morrissey's latest musical offerings have been, they are honest.

The smart fans know that, in music as in life, it's often best to take the bitter with the better. Everything else is either an intentional or unintentional waste of time.

Last edited:

I apologize to you Acton. Sometimes, the intentionally insulting and inflammatory commentary of certain posters starts to feel like a snarling, sniping chihuahua dry-humping your leg. After a while, it is impossible to ignore. However, you are correct that this site would be much more enjoyable and effective if the conversations could remain on topic and void of personal attacks. My original post was concerning the photo; I would love to see Morrissey compile a book of photographs that tell the story of his life and career,with personal notations that complement the imagery. With the success of the autobiography and a new recording contract, it would be a timely venture that could generate some positive publicity.

lynnda

Mental cholesterol. I like that. I'm nicking it, and I shall use it.

P.

I apologize to you Acton. Sometimes, the intentionally insulting and inflammatory commentary of certain posters starts to feel like a snarling, sniping chihuahua dry-humping your leg. After a while, it is impossible to ignore. However, you are correct that this site would be much more enjoyable and effective if the conversations could remain on topic and void of personal attacks. My original post was concerning the photo; I would love to see Morrissey compile a book of photographs that tell the story of his life and career,with personal notations that complement the imagery. With the success of the autobiography and a new recording contract, it would be a timely venture that could generate some positive publicity.

lynnda

If this thread just focused on that photo, it would have made its way towards the archives after ten posts (just like all threads would)—made by the usual suspects, i.e., fawning sycophants who make their obligatory posts of approval: lovely, wonderful, thank you for posting this... blah, blah, blah... while contributing absolutely nothing substantive—either negative or positive. Without the rest of the posters here—including the outspoken critics/negativists—there would be no discussions. Period. And this site would soon look worse than it appears now. It would look like All You Need is Morrissey—a sycophantic, highly censored, lovefest of dullards. :sick:

I enjoy Brunmmie's posts. If you don't, ignore him. He isn't harassing anyone—just sanding against the grain. There is a place for those who want all the comments to be sugarcoated: AYNIM.

Who cares what his motives are for posting here, or how much time he spends on this site? Completely irrelevant to the merit of the content of his posts. Personally, I have found some real gems in his posts. Look past the messenger, his motives, and all your other prejudices, and perhaps you will as well. It cannot be denied that he was THE person who carefully exposed Morrissey's animal rights hypocrisy by carefully articulating an argument that is sound, intelligent, and evidence-based. I was sold.

I don't agree with all your opinions, lynnda. But I do enjoy reading your posts. There is room for everyone here.

What goes on here at Solo is what happens in so many little corners of the interwebs: people engage in endless, obsessive conversations about someone they know from a safe distance, someone who has clearly influenced their lives. Everyone here is projecting themselves onto Morrissey and each other, with predictable results. Morrissey himself is self-contained, set in his ways and has not changed much from those early days, when he gave new meaning to the word "ungovernable."

Lots of folks come here with kind, insightful and intelligent comments: over the course of the years they have remained relatively positive and thoughtful, and they clearly appreciate all the good things that Morrissey has to offer. They have real respect for Morrissey's accomplishments which (believe me) leave even his most jaded, cynical and world-weary colleagues tongue-tied with admiration. This strikes me as a reasonably good use of one's time. Those who are thoughtfully disappointed are also part of a worthwhile conversation. Those who come here to vociferously and single-mindedly disabuse Morrissey's fans of their supposed illusions are growling dogs chasing their own tails: Morrissey's fans (for the most part) know what they've gotten themselves into.

I've been in the business a long time, and I know folks who have worked very closely with Morrissey in positions of some authority. Morrissey's critics do have a point: the man is notoriously unreliable, unpredictable, and inexplicable. He is contrary, self-absorbed, and dysfunctional. He has admitted as much time and time again in his music and in interviews: he successfully turned sickness into popular song. His colleagues are as baffled by his behavior as everyone else (and they are in disagreement as to the cause). One thing I can say for sure is that some of those who knew him well (and who suffered to some degree for it) grudgingly love him nonetheless. The music business used to be (and probably still is) a moveable Satirycon (as I believe John Lennon once noted). Morrissey's sins, although grievous, pale before the outrages of many of his better-known colleagues. There are names familiar to everyone here whose attacks on and abuses of fans, journalists and fellow band members make Morrissey look relatively well-mannered and restrained. Fame, adoration and power twist the soul and release terrible demons and (should one's career last long enough), a corrosive bitterness often washes in. However unpleasant Morrissey's latest musical offerings have been, they are honest.

The smart fans know that, in music as in life, it's often best to take the bitter with the better. Everything else is either an intentional or unintentional waste of time.

Yawn. "Morrissey-as-victim of Fame and his own inexplicable personal psychological dysfunction". Again! Amusing apologia for 'ungovernable' prat who's not quite as 'ungovernable' as other prats, which therefore exonerates him from being a prat? Does not compute. In the real world, people of intelligence, discernment and decades of real life challenges look on and chortle.

As if Leonard Cohen didn't turn "sickness into popular" song decades before and with far more aplomb. Others, like Robert Plant, *endured* orders of magnitude more fame than this deluded cult's *hero* without becoming hostage to "corrosive bitterness". And in Plant's case, suffered real tragedy not fake suicide-chic posturing. After Cobain, Morrissey could have shut up, but no, he had to bleat on with his bullshit until it became a comedy sketch. But hey! Don't laugh! Don't point out the Emperor has not Y-fronts on.

I, too, know people who've worked with this particular diva at close range and...the music biz is full of co-dependent Stockholm Syndrome failed wannabe enablers who put up with petty tyrannies to be close to *stars* who are no such thing: because they also are mentally ill, like the *fans* and the *stars*. It's a cultural pathology, Morrissey is largely irrelevant other than as a hugely amusing example of the Boomer cultural meltdown. But, jayzus! What an example!

Morrissey was NEVER that famous. In your mind and those of your mates, maybe, but not in consensual reality.But please, carry on being the conscience of Morrissey-Solo.com, separating contributors into those you deem valid and those "wasting their time". You've wasted your time investing in an utterly discredited C list failed pop star whose hackneyed "arts-lab" rehash of the tropes of Fame would have bored Fellini within 10 minutes. Unfortunately for you, your 'analysis' of both this site and Morrissey's imploded persona carries no weight with me. Though the continued attempt to justify the sunk investment is fascinating to observe.

Debunking the comedic collapse of Morrissey into nails-on-blackboard parody may strike you as a waste of time, but to me nothing is more satisfying than to stand with a pint at a concert, watching the delusional fans of a deluded cult engage in mutual hypnosis with their risible cult leader. It's possible he might wake up and say/sing something of value in the future but it's hardly looking likely. Who cares? If he does, it will be a pleasant surprise. If he doesn't, it's just more comedy to enjoy.

regards
BB

Back
Top Bottom