Alain Whyte's new MySpace Music page

God I'd love Moz to pen lyrics to the tracks Manhattan and Steady!
Great songs!
:guitar:

Last edited:
According to Boz, 4 of the album tracks are his compositions.

I think what it means is that it confirms Alain does not play on the album, which, considering he lives in LA where it was recorded, is a bunch of bullshit.

Can anyone, anywhere please do something to get Jesse Tobias fired? The new songs on the Greatest Hits album stank w/out Alain's better guitar tone to even out the brutal mediocrity of Jesse's distortion.

Sorry, no "cheers" for this sign-off.

EDIT: Trouble is Ahead and Night Sky would make very interesting Morrissey songs. Manhattan is good, but the main guitar lick reminds me of The Edge too much. Do you have to be a member to download these choons?

Jamie

Last edited:
Echoing what Jamie said, whether or not this is correct (ie. all being Morrissey/Whyte compositions), it definitely sounds as if Alain did not play his own songs on the record. What the hell is going on? After the excitement of hearing all the new tracks wears off I'm going to be thinking "I wonder how Alain would've played that."

Jesse -- king of squelchy squawky scrunching. I hope Boz takes lead on some of them.

Edit: Oh, thanks for the myspace link! Enjoyed hearing some of Alain's recent work.

"The upcoming album Years of Refusal (2009) will have only writing contributions from Whyte"
Oh really?

How come he doesnt play or perform with Morrissey anymore?

How come he doesnt play or perform with Morrissey anymore?

He left the tour in 2004 about half-way through at short notice. He had some kind of illness but there was never any statement. He hasn't played with Moz live since.
He was interviewed in 06 (I think) and said how well he gets on with Moz who supported him fully in all his non-Morrissey work.
He wrote half of ROTT and played guitar too. Slightly bizarrely, he also appeared in the video to You Have Killed Me playing the drums.
He has contributed about 10-12 songs to the new batch of stuff (album tracks/b-sides etc) that's due to come out in 2009 although it seems like he hasn't actually played on the songs...

He left the tour in 2004 about half-way through at short notice. He had some kind of illness but there was never any statement. He hasn't played with Moz live since.
He was interviewed in 06 (I think) and said how well he gets on with Moz who supported him fully in all his non-Morrissey work.
He wrote half of ROTT and played guitar too. Slightly bizarrely, he also appeared in the video to You Have Killed Me playing the drums.
He has contributed about 10-12 songs to the new batch of stuff (album tracks/b-sides etc) that's due to come out in 2009 although it seems like he hasn't actually played on the songs...

I hope one day I get to see Moz live with the Lads. :tears: They are missed.

I always thought Something Out Of Nothing (From Red Lightning's L.A Crash Landing CD) would make a great tuneful rocker for Morrissey's voice.

Peter

I always thought Something Out Of Nothing (From Red Lightning's L.A Crash Landing CD) would make a great tuneful rocker for Morrissey's voice.

Peter

Yeah, in my mind, that would have been a Morrissey hit single. Crushed is a nice piece of songcraft, too.

Cheers,
Jamie

QUOTE]

I always thought that was an injoke about the amount of drummers in Morrissey's band history a la Spinal Tap.

As for other comments I agree... Alain is his best co-songwriter.

I'm sure I'll enjoy the new album but I don't have much hope for it being one of Moz's stand-out albums if Alain doesn't actually play on it. As we've heard on some of the b-sides he's written buy not played on, they don't have that certain feel to them that songs that he's played on have. Also, with "Paris" being the lead-off single instead of Alain's "Skull", it leads me to believe that the studio versoin of "Skull" is probably not that strong with out Alain's touch. But you never know with Moz. Mark Nevin didn't play on the tracks he wrote that appeared on Your Arsenal and Alain and Boz did a superb job with them. Boz and Jesse might just yet surprise us with Alain's tunes.

joey

WOO I just emailed him, awaiting a reply of course! Teehee

Back
Top Bottom