Alain Whyte's new MySpace Music page

Thank you for that wonderful interview, Cossy. I'd say he has a humble kind of confidence. Does anyone know the club that he speaks of where Morrissey was recruiting musicians?

I wonder why he is not bringing his band to the East coast of the U.S. I'd love to see them.

Last edited:
Thank you for that wonderful interview, Cossy. I'd say he has a humble kind of confidence. Does anyone know the club that he speaks of where Morrissey was recruiting musicians?

I wonder why he is not bringing his band to the East coast of the U.S. I'd love to see them.

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure they broke up a while back. I think the band still has a MySpace page though.

Mark Nevin didn't play on the tracks he wrote that appeared on Your Arsenal and Alain and Boz did a superb job with them. Boz and Jesse might just yet surprise us with Alain's tunes.

Yes...surprise us with how bad Jesse can make them sound. I think he eviscerates Alain's material in general when he plays it live (the wankery on First of the Gang to Die, the wooden fingers on Let Me Kiss You, etc).

It could very well be that Alain has decided to move on to other things, as evidenced by his new myspace. But I find it highly odd that he wouldn't want to play on his own material--I think some had even communicated with him via myspace and he pretty much said he would not contribute songs if he didn't get to play on his material. And, after RotT, why would there be any reason to not include him in the recording process? Is it unreasonable for him to play on only his material and not Boz or Jesse's?

I never thought I'd live to see the day when I would long for Mark Nevin's delicate contributions! Had I only known what was around the corner in 2004! All I know is that if Alain is going to stop writing songs for Morrissey, he needs to get new contributors b/c those who remain are not cutting the mustard. I find it frustrating that Alain is trying some different sounds and styles on his myspace material and Morrissey will be satisfied resorting to releasing Jesse's I Just Want To See The Boy Happy retreads.

Thanks for the update. I mean Alain was ill in 2004 but now is he "still ill"? .... that doesnt warrant him to play with Morrissey. Shouldnt the 'original' song writer be allowed to play his own songs with Morrissey instead of letting other guitarist perform? :rolleyes:

Anyway, the tracks on Alain's myspace sounds fab and Morrissey could use a tune or two. :)

cheers!

mbr.

He left the tour in 2004 about half-way through at short notice. He had some kind of illness but there was never any statement. He hasn't played with Moz live since.
He was interviewed in 06 (I think) and said how well he gets on with Moz who supported him fully in all his non-Morrissey work.
He wrote half of ROTT and played guitar too. Slightly bizarrely, he also appeared in the video to You Have Killed Me playing the drums.
He has contributed about 10-12 songs to the new batch of stuff (album tracks/b-sides etc) that's due to come out in 2009 although it seems like he hasn't actually played on the songs...

I don't much like the tracks on his myspace. They sound a bit too clean. Maybe it's just the production but I hope those are the leftovers and Morrissey has used the good stuff.

it was the camden workers socal club as see in the sing your life video , morrissey used to live practically round the corner from it sadly it is no longer there

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IZIhNKMx6jE

I don't much like the tracks on his myspace. They sound a bit too clean. Maybe it's just the production but I hope those are the leftovers and Morrissey has used the good stuff.

Morrissey has used all the good stuff - Good One!

Re:the production - These sound like demos to me - no real drums and the keyboards are a bit... ooh er... casio, but great guitars and great ideas. I really love Alain and his stuff and I totally agree that the band is worse off without him.

As a guitar beginner of knowing just the basic chords,, i added myself to alains myspace, he excepted,,i also emailed him some questions on chord structures and progression, fair play to him he replied within a couple of hours with some tips and certain chords to try and work up the guitar scale,,,if you go on his myspace click track manhattan (truly hypnotic),,,cheers,,steve,,

As a guitar beginner of knowing just the basic chords,, i added myself to alains myspace, he excepted,,i also emailed him some questions on chord structures and progression, fair play to him he replied within a couple of hours with some tips and certain chords to try and work up the guitar scale,,,if you go on his myspace click track manhattan (truly hypnotic),,,cheers,,steve,,

If you stop using too many commas (,,,) your post look better. :p

Last edited:
Check out the new song added, Sideways. Oh my goodness - Morrissey missed out on a GREAT one here. Just a gorgeous melody.

I hope one day I get to see Moz live with the Lads. :tears: They are missed.

I know what you mean. I lament constantly for the old gang to come back but I guess I better get over it. I was luck to see Alain, Boz and Gaz albeit with that tosser Dean Butterworth on stage here in OZ in 02 and it seemed like Alain would never leave.

God I'd love Moz to pen lyrics to the tracks Manhattan and Steady!
Great songs!
:guitar:

yeah and the rest of them too. They are all excellent instrumentals and I can hear MOz singin' in my head over them so much it hurts!

Sideways is fkn awesome! these 6 tracks should be half of Years of refusal!

Alain Whyte makes music for crap TV shows like Gossip Girls now. I guess I have to be the first to say it: Alain Whyte is a whore.

ummmmm, says the guy who doesn't think bands should sell their songs for commercials....:D

I don't think I said that, sir, you're paraphrasing me horribly. I said I was disappointed to see Just Like Honey on a commercial. It's hardly the same thing. Who am I to stop people making a living? A mere speck.

Peter

Back
Top Bottom