Chrissie Hynde defends Morrissey in interview

Scans from James.

Mail on Sunday ‘Event’ magazine, 04/08/18.

Excerpt:

She defends her pal Morrissey, who has recently been accused of racism for speaking out in favour of the far-right For Britain party and having described the Chinese as 'a sub-species' in 2010.

'I'm proud to be one of what he calls his seven friends,' smiles Hynde. 'He made a reference to the Chinese and that got him into trouble, but he was talking about the practices of how they treat dogs and put them in cages and bludgeon them to death. He's an animal-rights guy and he gets emotionally upset by the treatment of animals.'

She still sometimes meets Morrissey 'for an impromptu pint' at her local pub in Maida Vale, west London.

43823_hynde_event_20180804_2.jpg

43824_hynde_event_20180804.jpg

Yeah, whatever. You know my history on this site, do you? Go home. And I repeat, you are really, really shit at this. Goodbye.

James714, here's a potted Moz Solo "history" of Skinny.
He was an ultra Morrissey fan,that bored the pants of me back in the early 2000s.
He was a mod who abused his powers to find out other members' personal info.Not a nice guy at all.
Now,he is a sanctimonious,arrogant tit.
That's HIS story in a nutshell.
He cant debate to save his life so the minute the argument is too much for him,he resorts to name calling.
Finally,he is the only person I know who calls people "brown".
Patronising git.

Give it time. And god, I love Bawbag as an insult.
that's what we say about someone you don't like in Scotland,YA BAWBAG.

And that's what I was saying. If you want to come out and be that guy, then just take the fallout. You never see Gervais making staged breakdown videos trying to blame anyone else. He also makes huge statements with the intent of making people scrutinize the motivations behind them. He's well spoken, quick, builds his case easily, and balances it with a ton of humor. He also steers it more toward the human condition than politics to achieve universality. Morrissey used to be able to play that game a lot better than he does now. I don't know if it's anger, bitterness, sadness, whatever- but there's something that has colored his statements and made them fall a lot flatter for a decade or more.
What has coloured Moz's statements is recent years is seeing the country he loves being flushed down the toilet by powerful globalist financiers and the politicians of both the left and right they have in their pockets. He's always been romantic about England. It's always meant a lot to him.

I feel it too. And it hurts deeply.

Some people confuse these feelings with hate - which actually reveals their stupidity. It's more about love and care and a feeling of natural romance towards one's homeland - and not just its present but its past. Only the English are vilified for these feelings. The Irish, for example, are allowed to feel sentimental about their country, but just watch that 'privilege' soon change as Ireland too consigns itself to globalism.

Gervaise, on the other hand, is hardly a sensitive person. He's just a couldn't-give-a-f*** money maker and he'd be the first to admit that.

That doc is 15 years old. I think a lot has happened since then. Except with Linder, of course. And he does hang out socially with Jesse and Gustavo.
But he's been saying he had 7 friends since 2004 ( see The Jonathan Ross Show appearance), so surely it's the same 7 people, no?

Well done to Chrissie Hynde. I always knew she had balls.

Now it's time for the rest of them to get up and defend him.
Yes you are so right. Your posts are very spot on.

I have so much respect for Chrissie Hynde for speaking out she is a true friend to Morrissey.

From what I understand James Maker has spoken out in support of Morrissey. Sylvan Sylvan from the "New York Dolls" has as well.

I like that the beautiful Debbie Harry from "Blondie" had her photo taken with Morrissey that is showing some support.

Do you know if Boy George is friends with Morrissey? Boy George saying that he likes the album "Low in High School" is good but he should go further than that if he is a real friend.

Do you know if Linder Sterling has spoken out at all?

That Morrissey, always humbly airing his opinions. Sometimes I think my brain will explode at the thought of how incredibly humble he is. I mean, how is it possible for someone to be as humble as Morrissey? It's almost as if he's more than a mere mortal.
I like Morrissey, that's why I'm on a Morrissey site. What's your excuse?

Yes you are so right. Your posts are very spot on.

I have so much respect for Chrissie Hynde for speaking out she is a true friend to Morrissey.

From what I understand James Maker has spoken out in support of Morrissey. Sylvan Sylvan from the "New York Dolls" has as well.

I like that the beautiful Debbie Harry from "Blondie" had her photo taken with Morrissey that is showing some support.

Do you know if Boy George is friends with Morrissey? Boy George saying that he likes the album "Low in High School" is good but he should go further than that if he is a real friend.

Do you know if Linder Sterling has spoken out at all?

Thanks Tom Tom for listing those people - it's great of all of them.
Boy George is more of a fan and admirer I think than friend. As far as I know Linder hasn't spoken out.

I still think that kinda badass honestly and showed some balls I don’t think people believed morrissey possessed. Most so called punk rockers wouldn’t have the guts to just walk away
Yes, I think he's got a problem with authority.:cool:
I've always thought, Perhaps the court case would've gone better if he'd been less sassy and more compliant, but our man has balls...
:rolleyes:

What has coloured Moz's statements is recent years is seeing the country he loves being flushed down the toilet by powerful globalist financiers and the politicians of both the left and right they have in their pockets. He's always been romantic about England. It's always meant a lot to him.

I feel it too. And it hurts deeply.

Some people confuse these feelings with hate - which actually reveals their stupidity. It's more about love and care and a feeling of natural romance towards one's homeland - and not just its present but its past. Only the English are vilified for these feelings. The Irish, for example, are allowed to feel sentimental about their country, but just watch that 'privilege' soon change as Ireland too consigns itself to globalism.

Gervaise, on the other hand, is hardly a sensitive person. He's just a couldn't-give-a-f*** money maker and he'd be the first to admit that.
Maybe I'll feel it more strongly when I'm older, but when I visit my hometown, I see historic buildings demolished, gentrification where there used to be none, crowds of people of all kinds, homeless everywhere, the effects of drugs and poverty everywhere, but it doesn't affect me a lot. I mean, it was whiter than Edgar Winter the whole time that I was growing up, and the people who seem to be losing it the most about the town dying, or being ruined or whatever are coming from a place of insecurity and fear more than romance for a lost era. It was shit then. It's shit now. In everybodys lives. You either adapt to change or sit sucking your cheeks in your old age pining for something that doesn't exist anymore, and never did apart from an uninformed youthful perspective. People have been doing this since the dawn of civilization.

But nah, you won't turn into your parents, falling prey to the same nostalgia mind traps and fear of change.

All the musicians, artists, entertainers etc. who have ever known, liked or praised Morrissey but have so far been tight lipped about his recent full-blown demonization.

For example, Noel and Liam Gallagher, Russell Brand, Alan Bennett, Boy George, Stephen Street, Sandie Shaw etc..... why have none of these people stood up and said "Morrissey is not an evil person, in fact quite the opposite...'

The man who personally knew him most of all was Johnny Marr, who seems to have kind of skirted around the subject, when the least he could say is 'Moz has always had his own opinions and he's entitled to them, as are all of us.'

There seems to be a silence. I smell cowardice.

It's part of the sickness that we are in the process of curing. When some people disagree with someone now, instead of having a conversation and at worst agreeing to disagree after perhaps a heated exchange, some people now are only capable of demonizing people with whom they disagree, even going as far as to call them evil and go in to hysterics. That behaviour is not normal. Hopefully we can pull through and put this nonsense behynde us.

Maybe I'll feel it more strongly when I'm older, but when I visit my hometown, I see historic buildings demolished, gentrification where there used to be none, crowds of people of all kinds, homeless everywhere, the effects of drugs and poverty everywhere, but it doesn't affect me a lot. I mean, it was whiter than Edgar Winter the whole time that I was growing up, and the people who seem to be losing it the most about the town dying, or being ruined or whatever are coming from a place of insecurity and fear more than romance for a lost era. It was shit then. It's shit now. In everybodys lives. You either adapt to change or sit sucking your cheeks in your old age pining for something that doesn't exist anymore, and never did apart from an uninformed youthful perspective. People have been doing this since the dawn of civilization.

But nah, you won't turn into your parents, falling prey to the same nostalgia mind traps and fear of change.
Some people feel it, some don't. Morrissey used to walk around graveyards in the rain, thinking, ruminating, feeling. Or around the old crumbling streets of Manchester past decaying factories in the drizzle before he would go home to write.

You've either got it or you haven't. If you have it then yes, it can feel like a curse when you see things needlessly toppling down all so some rich man living on a yacht can add a few million to his billion. You almost wish you didn't have these feelings and could be like others who couldn't give a shit about such romantic nonsense.

But I suppose poets have always been laughed down at as sentimental fools.

This is terrible logic. Hopeless nihilism will not get you anywhere. Life can improve.

I can assure you that society would be vastly different if Britain were to be, say, 60% Muslim. If things were to stay on course, people in the year 2100 would watch Keeping Up Appearances and see a world that is wholly unrecognizable. To suggest that nothing ever changes and nothing ever gets better and everything is always shite no matter what is a horrible worldview. We can decide which way we want to go, and our choices today will matter tomorrow; believe me.

I can assure you that society would be vastly different if Britain were to be, say, 60% Muslim. If things were to stay on course, people in the year 2100 would watch Keeping Up Appearances and see a world that is wholly unrecognizable. To suggest that nothing ever changes and nothing ever gets better and everything is always shite no matter what is a horrible worldview. We can decide which way we want to go, and our choices today will matter tomorrow; believe me.
I agree. It's interesting that the most hopeless, nihilistic and self loathing people are the very ones to call others out for racism and other -isms at every chance. If you have any concerns about how global financiers are engineering your country into becoming a third world shithole for everyone who isn't rich, you're a fascist!

Hynde flippantly saying Maida Vale is Jihadi Central - how offensive!

To who - jihadis?

Back
Top Bottom