Moz in studio photo with Devon Taylor (sousaphone) and Joe Chiccarelli

From @tubared / Instagram:

tubared: Played Sousaphone for #Morrissey in the studio tonight @officialmoz@eastmanwinds
He likes him some spanky tuba
#tubafamous #tuba #sousaphone#iplayeastman #music #hollywood#grateful #love #la #sunsetsound@sunsetsoundrecorders

43888_joe_devon_morrissey.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m in no way a fan of SER but the video for Blue Dreamers Eyes in which Morrissey was shown smiling and seemingly enjoying himself was great.

The Morrissey I first came to love was a genuinely funny and witty person, not the defensive miserablist we’ve had since at least the early to mid-nineties. The NME bears a lot of responsibility for that version of Morrissey.
You can't blame the NME. Moz always had a tendency to be awkward and perverse. I'm sure thats half the reason Marr left. The yes men and sycophant fans are more to blame. "Oh Morrissey you saved my life". Really? Sounds like it might not have been worth saving then.

You can't blame the NME. Moz always had a tendency to be awkward and perverse. I'm sure thats half the reason Marr left. The yes men and sycophant fans are more to blame. "Oh Morrissey you saved my life". Really? Sounds like it might not have been worth saving then.

Perhaps, but there’s little doubt they went after him following his Madstock appearance. They’d been sniping at him for a few years for wrongthink. The appalling Steven Wells was accuser-in-chief. At least one ex-staffer has admitted as much.

Here's hoping it's a new original album and not an album of cover versions. After 'This Is Morrissey' I don't think I could stand another pointless album. Unless of course if he picks good songs. This I'd buy:

The Killing Moon (Echo & Bunnymen)
Pretty In Pink (The Furs)
Animal Nitrate (Suede)
Blue Monday (New Order)
Velouria (Pixies)
Ashes To Ashes (Bowie)
Haunted By You (Gene)
Armageddon Days Are Here Again (The The)
What Love Means (Richard Hawley)
Back On The Chain Gang (Pretenders)
Ghost Town (The Specials)
Lady Grinning Soul (Bowie)

I think we’re all waiting with baited breath to see how Skinny twists this one round to Moz being racist.
Well..... anyone could say it's a bit of a staged photo. And... that Moz doesn't look too comfortable. But...I'm not saying that. I think it's just a photo of three guys together in the studio.

My Morrissey cover album would include:
Cry by Johnnie Ray (of course)
Olympia by Gene
In A Big Country by Big Country
Need You Around by Smoking Popes
What A Good Boy by Barenaked Ladies
Grey Cell Green by Ned's Atomic Dustbin
Don't Dream It's Over by Crowded House
Blue Jean by David Bowie
Oh L'Amour by Erasure
1234 by Feist
The Story by Brandi Carlile
I Wanna Be Sedated by The Ramones

Would you buy this album? I would.

After the Asperger's Incident.
Is it true Vegan.Cro Spirit# 765 that you come from the Republic of Croatia? It is cool if you do. I actually have a connection with Hungary’s capital- the city of Budapest.

I think that Hungary isn't that far from Croatia?

I'm British/English. I think that you speak amazing English. I actually thought you were maybe American or British.

I thought that you would like this video; Morrissey - "At Last I Am Born" (Live in Croatia 2006). It looks like it has Croatian subtitles:

You might also like this video; Morrissey - Live In Zagreb, Croatia - Salata - INmusic - July 6th, 2006 (Unedited, Complete):

I'm from the South of England. I'm from London, England. I'm a Southerner and a Londoner.

I'm not a true 'Cockney' though because traditionally to be a true working-class 'Cockney' you have to of been born within the sound of the Bow Bells (which is part of a is a historic Christian church) in the East End of London.

I'm English with some Irish and Scottish heritage.

As I said before I have been diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome which means I'm on the autistic spectrum. I also have some mild learning difficulties and some other health conditions.

By the way it is really true about what they say the word "nonce" is a slang word for a paedophile here in the UK. It isn't a nice term I don't think and I don't use that word myself.

I believe that you are a true Morrissey fan. I can tell by the way you talk about him that you hold him in really high-esteem! He is such a great man.

Last edited:
Yes a wonderful concert by Moz in Croatia, there were no haters in attendance.:)

Clive, who owns some FB Smiths groups , told us about this before they posted this picture. He has a few in with Morrissey and said something big is about to happen.
...and it turned out to be a tuba.

I generally am of the mind that Moz’s controversial comment stem from his militant animal rights perspective rather than any genuine racism. I've also been very critical of Moz’s recent misguided statements and weird flirtations with what are functionally nazis. All that said, it is extremely cynical to assume that moz hired a musician of color for the sole purpose of being a character witness. It may be naive of me to give him such credit but that seems prima facie absurd.

Here's hoping it's a new original album and not an album of cover versions. After 'This Is Morrissey' I don't think I could stand another pointless album. Unless of course if he picks good songs. This I'd buy:

Animal Nitrate (Suede)
Blue Monday (New Order)
Velouria (Pixies)
Ashes To Ashes (Bowie)
Haunted By You (Gene)

a Talk Talk song would be great, and 'nightporter'-Japan --' our House'-Madness [or any song from Madness thinling about dont look back in anger, not that I'm an Oasis fan, but I think it suits Morrissey]

Fab. list Action, thumbs up from the Netherlands

Yes, so perverse that at some point Marr contacted Morrissey to reform The Smiths.

Animal Nitrate (Suede)
Blue Monday (New Order)
Velouria (Pixies)
Ashes To Ashes (Bowie)
Haunted By You (Gene)
I thought of this one as well. ...Islam is rising....
I also would like him to cover In Dreams (Roy Orbison). But now he did his version already with Blue Dreamers Eyes, which I like very much.

I’m in no way a fan of SER but the video for Blue Dreamers Eyes in which Morrissey was shown smiling and seemingly enjoying himself was great.

The Morrissey I first came to love was a genuinely funny and witty person, not the defensive miserablist we’ve had since at least the early to mid-nineties. The NME bears a lot of responsibility for that version of Morrissey.
The N.M.E. was right to question what was then seen by many fans as Morrissey just being provocative.

When you place his increasing vocal nationalistic comments, and antagonism towards immigration next to skinhead images, and it's not hard to deduce what he was getting at all along.

Unless of course, you think the use of skinhead imagery, and his nationalistic stance is just pure coincidence.

Since racism is now seen as being worthy of marginalization, racism has changed in how it's expressed. It's no longer an unwillingness to mingle with minorities and calling openly for segregation. It's now attacking minorities through related issues, and treating them as scapegoats for demographic changes.

The marketing of racism has changed, and is being pushed under the guise of nationalism.

I truly hope this is a proper album and not the cover album. But considering the recent interview and the timing, it's probably the latter.

I truly hope this is a proper album and not the cover album. But considering the recent interview and the timing, it's probably the latter.
It's been a long time since he produced a "proper" album. Heck, I would be ok with pretty good.

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom