Scott Rodger (Maverick) leaks Morrissey information and email re: Bonfire / Miley via X (October 17, 2023)

There's been drama!

20231017_090414.jpg

20231017_090437.jpg

IMG_20231017_085912.jpg

Related item:

Last edited:
Who does this Terry think he is?! Christ, this is embarrassing.
Terry, you’ve done enough damage with your ill-fated MOZI rally, time to piss off/shut up.
Is this the same terrencestamp who made a fuss about being in the know that Andy would be terminally ill? Yeah, who does he think he is indeed:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I ask you again: Why has Capitol never announced the record deal with Morrissey? Not even long before the MC fiasco?
And why has Capitol never responded to Morrissey's allegations?
Then the release of Rebels. Nothing from Capitol again!
This is all very strange, don't you think?

Is this the same terrencestamp who made a fuss about being in the know that Andy would be terminally ill? Yeah, who does he think he is indeed:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Andy himself didn’t make a fuss about being terminally ill with cancer. Terry had no business making any sort of announcement.

And what’s the end product of this best marketing since Quarry?
Indeed. I've said this over and again. How does this policy of being a dick get him what he wants?

Let me quote someone...

"Your royalties bring you luxuries
Oh, but
The squalor of the mind"

As a long time fan (35 years) who has been vastly disappointed in Morrissey's decline in songwriting, style, image and concert performances in the last decade, it's very sad to see Morrissey (in his own words no less) be this pathetic and desperate. It's not something I want to mock or make fun of, it just makes me sad. Miley Cyrus is a pissant compared to Morrissey and his desperation oozes from that email at the thought that he may not be able to exploit her name to push his single. As if his career depends on it.

Of course we knew the album not being released was all Morrissey's doing, but to see his own pleas and defiant, self sabotaging behavior in his own words is next level.

The fact that this album (which I doubt is something I'd enjoy anyway) is not releasable due to Morrissey's fixation with the likes of Miley Cyrus is a level of unfathomable cringe.

A sad day honestly, we've hit the basement.
It is all a bit of a mess agreed, however the shows that Moz put on in the UK this year were fantastic.

Are you all f***ing dense? These are legally binding contracts, worth hundreds of thousands. If she has signed an exclusive deal, she can’t just immediately start appearing on other artists records.
Morrissey was told not to talk about it, and he did, now he’s up shit creek.

Besides reading some good books in his teens/twenties, has Morrissey ever exhibited an iota of f***ing intelligence?
Have you quoted the correct post?

Has he, according to Scott this sort of thing is the reason no record company will touch him.
I’ve just read Scott again, paraphrasing: Morrissey is the sole reason BOT isnt released yet he will not accept the blame. Record companies won’t work with him for this reason,

Andy himself didn’t make a fuss about being terminally ill with cancer. Terry had no business making any sort of announcement.
That's what I meant. It was disgusting attention-seeking and I actually can't look past it. It was absolutely distasteful. But attention-seeking seems to be his thing:sick:

The real missed opportunity was to have credited the backing vocals to "Laughing Anne Coates". That would have generated a 55 page comment thread on thus site within minutes.

I ask you again: Why has Capitol never announced the record deal with Morrissey? Not even long before the MC fiasco?
And why has Capitol never responded to Morrissey's allegations?
Then the release of Rebels. Nothing from Capitol again!
This is all very strange, don't you think?
Not really. I presume they were just trying to act professionally, and conduct their business in private whilst there was still the Miley issue to resolve. Morrissey's public jabbing and disinformation campaign has finally produced a public response. Hopefully more will follow, and Scott will release the entire email chain, as threatened.

The same kind of thing happened with the Supreme deal. The photo got posted on True To You & couldn't be used so they asked for their money back & he refused to pay.

Since 2012 it's been a train wreck & the only thing left is gigs & merch. 🧐
I was gonna mention this. You’re right, it’s exactly the same thing with Supreme 🥶😥

It’s hardly anything new or surprising for the fans.
The Miley-vocals were the sole reason this album couldn’t be released, not anything else like the title track as some suggested.

The only thing I still find strange is why they decided to rush release Rebels Without Applause (without Morrissey consenting) after the fallout over the Miley-vocals.
What do we know about the release of Rebels without Applause? Do we know that he wasn't consulted about the release?

That whole thing seems odd and I can't find all that much info about it

Fair enough!!!!

I don’t disagree with you one bit (Apart from the me being f##king dense bit)

what a mess
If I called you f***ing dense then I apologise, I quoted the wrong post.

All Morrissey has to do is come out and play covers of County singers or some song most fans don't care about for just 1 concert which will earn him enough to pay the advancement back to Capitol and Capitol will give him his record back. This is clearly what his former manager said. So that it's a very simple resolution to the issue nothing more to discuss. Morrissey can recoup the cost on just 1 of his upcoming New York shows, repay Capitol the advancement, and Capitol will give him back Bonfire to do as he wishes with it.

"Something went wrong
Something went wrong -
and I know I'm not to blame.
Something went wrong
I can't be to blame..."

Back
Top Bottom