YOR song endings

bored

not bitter but bored
So many of the songs have the same style ending where the song is moving a long fast.. Morrissey sings the last line as the song slows and stops.

That is probably my biggest criticism of the album.

I'll try and contribute in the spirit of this thread!

I'm absolutely bemused at the end of You were good in your time. I know people say you should leave 'em wanting more but it's like there is half of the song missing. The song builds brilliantly, works up to something and then ........... stops.

I'm hoping someone has doctored the rip and there is another 4 minutes on the released CD!

bored may be the anti-kewpie.

Splitting threads, rather than merging them. :)

LIAR.gif

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=70140#12 :D

I'll try and contribute in the spirit of this thread!

I'm absolutely bemused at the end of You were good in your time. I know people say you should leave 'em wanting more but it's like there is half of the song missing. The song builds brilliantly, works up to something and then ........... stops.

I'm hoping someone has doctored the rip and there is another 4 minutes on the released CD!

Well, I doubt we'll get your ending, but I'll certainly be re-encoding this track with a quick fade out after Morrissey's last lyric. I wish I could be "bemused." To me the song is a classic until that dreadful ending. Leave that for b-sides like "Moonriver" and "Black Eyed Susan" not an album track!:tears:

Well, I doubt we'll get your ending, but I'll certainly be re-encoding this track with a quick fade out after Morrissey's last lyric. I wish I could be "bemused." To me the song is a classic until that dreadful ending. Leave that for b-sides like "Moonriver" and "Black Eyed Susan" not an album track!:tears:

Ahh, but if he had it as a b-side people would complain that it wasn't on the album.:rolleyes:
I'm sure he's done it for some reason unbeknown to us.

So many of the songs have the same style ending where the song is moving a long fast.. Morrissey sings the last line as the song slows and stops.

So many? Maybe I'm just being stupid, but does that not only happy on Good In Your Time? And then it's for dramatic affect for than anything as death is as good a place to end the song as anything else.

I understand why this is considered to be a 'dreadful' ending of the song at all.

So many? Maybe I'm just being stupid, but does that not only happy on Good In Your Time? And then it's for dramatic affect for than anything as death is as good a place to end the song as anything else.

I understand why this is considered to be a 'dreadful' ending of the song at all.

Paris does it.. he starts singing the lyrics slower and then the song ends.

Carol does it.. "...never comes... oh oh oh" the whole thing slows down for the oh's.. it speeds back up but its just got that stalled out sound to it.

Goodbye/Farwell... "grab.. me.. while.. we.. still.... have.... the... time...." is another.

Good in Your Time "..just died" is another stall-out

That's 1/3 of the songs... and yes, this needed it's own thread. Everything should have it's own thread. One for favourite song. One to rank the album. One to talk about what the singles should be. One to talk about the way the vocals end.

We also need a new thread about the drummers.
We need a thread to ask which Finn was better on, Quarry or Refusal.
Do you still think Morrissey is gay?
Do you still think Morrissey is not gay?
How much would you pay to hear Johnny Marr play all of Kill Uncle with his son on vocals?
Have you changed your stance on eating animals?
What is your dream setlist for the new tour?
What is your predicted setlist for the new tour?

So much to do!

But don't, y'know, most songs end after the lyrics/melody have finished?

What do you want from the songs after the lyrics end? Personally I'm all for prog rock-outs like Southpaw, but I would imagine I'm in the minority.

But don't, y'know, most songs end after the lyrics/melody have finished?

What do you want from the songs after the lyrics end? Personally I'm all for prog rock-outs like Southpaw, but I would imagine I'm in the minority.

It's the way that he just keeps slowing the vocals down.

I also would like more prog rock sounds.
While there is a lot of guitar, like most Smiths and Moz songs.. guitar solos, even 4 bars is hard to come by on this record.

It's the way that he just keeps slowing the vocals down.

I also would like more prog rock sounds.
While there is a lot of guitar, like most Smiths and Moz songs.. guitar solos, even 4 bars is hard to come by on this record.

Why on earth would you expect guitar solos and no slow vocals on a Morrissey album? :confused: I think you're looking for another artist.

i noticed this too, but this is what makes the album kind of Blink-182ish

My greatest hope is All You Need Is Me and That's How People Grow Up will not appear on the actual CD and that these two songs be replaced with other songs but of course that won't be the case, grrrrrrrrrr.

Weird, I noticed the same thing about the third song in. Black Cloud really rocks there at the end and then...it's over. Like musical premature ejaculation.:confused:

Back
Top Bottom