Alain Whyte: "Life Is A Pigsty" - Safe At Home Sessions (May 22, 2020)

mitsos

Ringleader was the first "new" Morrissey album to be released after I became a die-hard Morrissey fan in the early '00s. Although I now rate it as one of Morrissey's weaker albums and hardly ever listen to it, I can't express how much I loved it back then, and it was mainly because of this song which I listened to over and over again.

I should revisit Ringleader - It is also one of my favorite albums - but I have not listened to it in a very long time... I wonder how it's aged

Ben Budd

the weird production on ROTT always added to it IMHO. It has some low points, but it's highs are better than anything else post-comeback.

everydayslikesunday

Come on mix swallow your pride and make an acoustic album with Alain .... and Boz too

This actually isn't a bad idea, even Morrissey's haters would grudgingly admit he is awesome when he is performing. So why not release a selection of acoustic Youtube videos with Alan and other band members past or present with a hint that a acoustic album would be released once everyone can get into a studio. The cost of the whole project would probably be minimal and I personally would buy it to hear studio acoustic versions of his songs especially if he sang the odd more obscure track

Ben Budd

the weird thing about Morrissey is that he's never really done an ACOUSTIC set in any way. There has been odd flashes - stuff like Cosmic Dancer and such, but his band have never done an unplugged sort of thing. Pretty much any artist of note I can think of has acoustic versions of songs, why not Moz?

FWIW, I like Alain's version of this song. He sings a bit awkwardly in moments trying to make the guitar and vocal melody fit together but he wrote the music so, frankly, he can do what he f***ing likes

Trending Threads

Top Bottom