does michael jackson derserve a little respect?

Last edited by a moderator:
When he was young his talent shone, The Jackson 5, The Jacksons, The Off The Wall years and Thriller but after surgery he was a different man, so isolated and deformed.
Did you know that when he was with the Jacksons he fell off a stage and broke his nose, that led to it getting fixed, that genuinely went wrong so he had to be fixed again and he accident when his hair caught fire must of burnt his scalp and face, all this must have led to his messing with his appearence , cruel fate.

later on he became a joke. Watching those old videos "She's out of my life" made me remember what a handsome child and man he once was.

Well said.
:clap:

Last edited:
Two points:

1. Nobody deserves respect. It is earned on a individual basis. If people choose not to give him their respect, that is their choice for whatever reason.

2. Why do people say "especially now that he's dead". Wouldn't that be the best time to say shit about someone, y'know, when they are dead and can't hear it or be in any way affected by it?

I heard one person say last week "well, it was ok when he was alive, but now that he's dead it's just not funny anymore". What??? It's ok to call him a kiddy fcker and pedo when he is alive and can hear it, but when he is dead and completely unaffected by anything anymore it's all of a sudden bad?

Well, k then. :/
To expand upon your two points:
Respect isn't to be sanctioned by anyone. There is the common respect you have for your fellow man, lest you likened to one who has no regard for the life of another being (whether they are of a different creed or orientation, male or female, man or beast or animal). It is the moral solitude of a people to give the respect that someone deserves, speaking ill of the dead is not commonly accepted as showing that respect.

I see where you're coming from in point 2. However tragic events such as death, commands a time of reflection, so those who choose to realise that in retrospect, what they said was distasteful or not befitting to say of someone who DIED tragically, has a right to do so.

The whole Jacko death story is going to drag on for years, It'll be worse than Diana. Years later there will be sensationalist newspaper headlines, "Jacko's nose appears on e-bay!' etc. I really can't be bothered watching/listening to news about him now. Respect him/ Don't respect him; makes no difference.

you must acquit
I am going to use the Chewbacca Defense.
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/18w6RLHiRMs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/18w6RLHiRMs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I am going to use the Chewbacca Defense.
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/18w6RLHiRMs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/18w6RLHiRMs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

You can not deny that it makes no sense. Mmmmmmmm-hmmmmmmmm

To expand upon your two points:
Respect isn't to be sanctioned by anyone.

Sure it is, the individual. I have a criteria that people must meet to get varying degrees of respect, and it's all quite clear to me.

I see no reason why the individual cannot make up their own criteria for giving out respect to others.

There is the common respect you have for your fellow man, lest you likened to one who has no regard for the life of another being (whether they are of a different creed or orientation, male or female, man or beast or animal).

"Common respect" varies from individual to individual. My idea of "common respect" may not be the same as yours, or anyone else's for that matter.

So you are saying if I don't agree with you, I have no respect for life?

Quite a huge leap to base off of a subjective term.

It is the moral solitude of a people to give the respect that someone deserves, speaking ill of the dead is not commonly accepted as showing that respect.

Again, nobody 'deserves' anything. Respect is earned on an individual basis and met by individual criteria. Because one person doesn't respect someone you or others may isn't a bad thing. It's a difference of opinion based on individual ideas.

And again, the person is dead, it doesn't matter one bit anyone.

I see where you're coming from in point 2. However tragic events such as death, commands a time of reflection, so those who choose to realise that in retrospect, what they said was distasteful or not befitting to say of someone who DIED tragically, has a right to do so.

Sure, just as I have a right to make pedo jokes about MJ. If anyone chooses to become offended by that, it's their choice.

Tags
no.
Back
Top Bottom