Fiona Dodwell: "Clones and conformity: Why cancel culture keeps fans thankful for Morrissey" (January 24, 2021)

Clones and conformity: Why cancel culture keeps fans thankful for Morrissey

"Morrissey has found himself slandered and targeted by mainstream publications who viscously criticise his words without even examining why he said them."

Regards,
FWD.

Can the moderators please have a look at this, as someone is posting under my name...
Posts are appearing that I’ve haven’t posted...

Sooo... that’s a few cancellations then if your in the ball park with your stats,
I’ll take your word for it👍
And if some of these Acts were on the go for as long as Moz,
Then surely this would be average???

Isn’t it pleasant to have an adult conversation without all the jobless, benefit scrounging Annons chirping in ....

Yes it is, I've been lucky with cancellations in general, been to hundreds of gigs and only cancellations have been Morrissey once, Bunnymen once and The Smiths once due to some twat throwing something at Morrissey on the opening song.

Can the moderators please have a look at this, as someone is posting under my name...
Posts are appearing that I’ve haven’t posted...
Unfortunately that's a risk of being unregistered.
You know what advice I'd give next.
That said, the person having 'lols' may find posts not getting approved if they continue to behave as above.
Regards,
FWD.

Anthony Rapp's parents didn't meet Spacey & didn't know it was Spacey's party.

They allowed Anthony to go alone to parties & nightclubs with adult actors without checking where or who.

The incident happened after midnight when Spacey found Anthony in his bedroom where he'd been watching tv because he was bored.

It's in the Buzzfeed article.

Anthony Rapp's parents didn't meet Spacey & didn't know it was Spacey's party.

They allowed Anthony to go alone to parties & nightclubs with adult actors without checking where or who.

The incident happened after midnight when Spacey found Anthony in his bedroom where he'd been watching tv because he was bored.

It's in the Buzzfeed article.
ah, yes.. the highly reputable 'Buzzfeed', ahem!

Unfortunately that's a risk of being unregistered.
You know what advice I'd give next.
That said, the person having 'lols' may find posts not getting approved if they continue to behave as above.
Regards,
FWD.
Sorry... I can’t log in or register

Sorry... I can’t log in or register
Rather than discuss in this thread, go here & post - let me know what is giving you issue with regards to the registration process.
FWD.

Talking of which - Bill Wyman got a film q & a cancelled in 2019 for his relationship with 13 yr old Mandy Smith that's been known about since the 80s.

I reckon blikey fekll mate. You duped delusional lost sociopaths are still going to be coming here when they are lowering the California Son's Dodger blue casket into his grave at Hollywood Forever with the California Son inside holding his favorite basketball and surfboard calling him a "Brittish" music legend. Stop bastardizing him and calling him Brittish, but I reckon if you loonies haven't figured it out by now, you never will northern base camden, new jersey bunnyman tit twat inn n nn nn n nn n n n it.

Fark Arse

That sound you can hear is the sound of a dead horse being flogged. With each vapid 'article' the desperation deepens.

I'd like to know these publications that 'viscously criticise' - what are they doing, sending him out-of-date Golden Syrup, the bastards?

I've just re-read this, and the standard of writing and editing is absolutely dreadful, and that's putting the right-wing thesaurus aside. Just awful.

You literally have zero self-awareness, do you?

How can you type a line like “That sound you can hear is the sound of a dead horse being flogged” without realising that you’re describing your daily posts on this site?

& when you say it’s a poorly written article, what you actually mean is: “I don’t agree with what this person is saying so I must say it’s all badly written rubbish”.

You are the very definition of the type of person she is describing, so of course you’re going to attack her.

I sincerely wish you would vanish forever.

How can you type a line like “That sound you can hear is the sound of a dead horse being flogged” without realising that you’re describing your daily posts on this site?

& when you say it’s a poorly written article, what you actually mean is: “I don’t agree with what this person is saying so I must say it’s all badly written rubbish”.

You are the very definition of the type of person she is describing, so of course you’re going to attack her.

Your opinions of Skinny aside, he's 100% correct. Fiona is a shit writer and her opinions are duller than f***.

Morrissey doesn’t need cancel Culture he pretty much does that on his own, the main stream media pretty much does not acknowledge him the majority of the time its usually some indie news or mag that he runs his mouth off too knowing he’s gonna say outlandish shit and then they act a gasp like how could he say that and then he gets mad and acts like they misquoted him which they didn’t because they knew he was gonna say some stupid shit especially when you question him about Politics and Race and immigration and his views on those tend to be that of a right wing conservative which is shocking to most because the majority of his fan base from what I’ve seen is liberal leaning, but when you get down to the nit and gritty you should not be surprised because and the end of the day Morrissey is white and I would say he’s lived a privileged white life. That’s why I don’t think Morrissey is at heart racist I just think he’s had that white privilege which makes him oblivious to his own right wing views.

I'm pretty sure a lot of bands manage on average over 33 gigs per year or 24 gigs per year if you take the cancellations off the total.
Off the top of my head, I’ve seen him 200+ times (never the Smiths) and he’s cancelled a further 30-40 on me.

Clones and conformity: Why cancel culture keeps fans thankful for Morrissey

"Morrissey has found himself slandered and targeted by mainstream publications who viscously criticise his words without even examining why he said them."

Regards,
FWD.

I wonder if her health insurance will pay for the removal of her tongue from Morrissey's anus?

There is a vicious cancel culture - it's not a right-wing concept - it was something noticed within progressive circles years ago.

Left-wing people were getting harassed & deplatformed by other left-wingers because something they said was deemed problematic.

At the same time Twitter was starting to hound anyone who came to their attention for a bad tweet, or video or whatever enraged them. They'd keep piling-on until the person was sacked or at the very least deleted their account.

And journalism became about clickbait - using outrage to drive likes, shares & RTs regardless of accuracy or proportion.

It's losing its power because employers are ignoring it more - talking about it makes the cancelled feel less powerless - & politically things are having to change.

I doubt Fiona knows much about it - she seems quite settled in the horror/romance scene.

And Morrissey's main problem is he hates talking to the press, he hates being on tv & he's not involved with social media so I assume he hates that as well.

It's not a great environment for a sensitive soul.
🤣🤣🤣🤣

More rubbish for the delusional, weak minded Moz fools to feast on from Dudwell.

100% agree. Do you really think skinny appraises the writing talent of all the articles slagging Mozza off?? Course he doesn't. He will like them just because they are writing what he likes. skinny isn't reading any mozza hating articles and thinking "would Shakespeare be proud of that writing."

He can't stand anyone defending mozza and that's about all this dodwell is trying to do. If she was slagging off mozza no way would Skinny get so peeved about her.

Your opinions of Skinny aside, he's 100% correct. Fiona is a shit writer and her opinions are duller than f***.

Well, I disagree. I think her writing is concise & well structured. I suspect you’re another person who just disagrees with her so insults her writing.

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom