Have Morrissey's lyrics/songs ever 'helped' you?

I'm a bit late to my own party. Apologies.

I don't think I could've made it this far without Morrissey/The Smiths. He's been like the best friend I've never had and he has never left me behind. I would have retired from this world a long time ago but I am not even thankful I'm alive so I don't know... he's simply made me company in the toughest times of my life, and that is something I really appreciate.

More than I could ever put in words. Honestly, Morrissey gives me hope. It's funny how people say he's the "pope of Mope" and all that. I find his lyrics witty and uplifting. I honestly live to hear more from him. That is unhealthy, but he's alive and he sings exactly the things I feel. I don't feel so alone with him in the universe.

Both my thoughts exactly, and beautifully expressed.
Although I've only been listening to The Smiths for a year, solo for around six months, I feel that Morrissey's words have already helped me an immense amount. A large element of it is the catharsis and understanding- like hearing your own thoughts and emotions put to music, then letting it just wash over you.

I couldn't name all the lyrics and songs that have helped me as I'd be here forever, but there are many, many things that Morrissey has both sung and said that have made me feel "less alone, not quite so deformed, uninformed and hunchbacked". Saying any more on the subject would mean digging deeper into my psyche and saying more about myself than I would ever wish to reveal irl, let alone on here, but suffice to say this- I really hope Morrissey realises how much he means to us as an artist and an emotional voice.

And that's it. :o

Last edited:
I don't think I could've made it this far without Morrissey/The Smiths. He's been like the best friend I've never had and he has never left me behind. I would have retired from this world a long time ago but I am not even thankful I'm alive so I don't know... he's simply made me company in the toughest times of my life, and that is something I really appreciate.

Somehow you managed to described exactly how i feel about Morrissey/The Smiths better than myself. I can't tell you how many times i've felt so down and then the single one thing that makes me happy is going home and listen to his music. And you're right, it's like the best friend i've always hoped to find. His music has so many times kept me from feeling completely alone and hopeless in the hardest moments of my life.

Back
Top Bottom