HMV / Parlaphone Statement

This is the Australian version of The World Won't Listen on double LP, it is the only version of TWWL that includes The Draize Train and as you might imagine most people do not own a copy of this record.
What's more, Vulpine has stated more than once now that he would like to own the studio version of The Draize Train on CD as he already owns the Panic 12" but cannot get hold of the original Panic CD.

Well I'm just saying it is actually on TWWL. I said I don't own the CD so I wasn't aware of it not being on the CD. I was just replying to Oso. Isn't there a SMiths box set out now that has a panic CD in it? I wasn't aware that Australia got the only Draize train TWWL album. You learn something new every day.

Last edited:
Interesting, I didn't know that The Draize Train was on the Australian vinyl of TWWL.

Panic was not included in the box set, however. So the original cd single still is the only cd to have this track. Fortunately, I caught a copy on eBay a few years ago. Looks quite used, but sounds really nice ... :D

I made my own compilation exactly like this ages ago. If this new release is remastered then it'll tempt me to buy it but otherwise i'm not so sure. Perhaps if I see it cheaply at some point in the future then i'll pick it up.
That's an interesting point actually. Has anyone seen any mention in any of the PR material about 're-mastering' of the material on the 3 CD collection. That would be very nice.

I hope it will not be remastered, because "remastered" usually only means "louder" and "more compressed".

Back
Top Bottom