TTY: Statement from Morrissey concerning Rimini + London

Rimini was booked when? And no-one noticed that the kit wouldn't fit? :doh:

I doubt "accomodate" means the size, though it's possible. Could be accommocating it with power.

Or maybe they just need to run to Radio Shack to get some audio adapters ;D

Morrissey and his staff are on tour and doing this remotely. They don't drive to inspect the facilities when booking. It's entirely possible this is the truth. Most of the people saying it's not seem to be assuming by using just their gut instinct, and/or are clearly wrong on a few things.

If he wanted to lie about it wouldn't it be easier just to say he is ill again? I don't really understand why people want to disbelieve this? I see the old "he didn't sell enough tickets" stuff is coming out again when he has cancelled plenty of sold out shows and played plenty of half empty venues recently.

I don't understand these people who always want to think the worst of anyone, whether it's Morrissey or anyone else, but that seems to be the way of the world these days. Thousand of bitter people bitching anonymously from behind computer screens.

That's why you have a ''tour manager'', to, er... manage the tour:squiffy:

Jukebox Jury

The tour manager won't visit every venue in advance though, they will send a detailed list of requirements to the venue. Most venues will have no problem with the requirements and the band and crew will arrive with everything ready to set up straight away. This is standard procedure. In this case, either the venue didn't read or understand the instructions properly or else they had some kind of problem at the last minute.

If he wanted to lie about it wouldn't it be easier just to say he is ill again? I don't really understand why people want to disbelieve this? I see the old "he didn't sell enough tickets" stuff is coming out again when he has cancelled plenty of sold out shows and played plenty of half empty venues recently.

I don't understand these people who always want to think the worst of anyone, whether it's Morrissey or anyone else, but that seems to be the way of the world these days. Thousand of bitter people bitching anonymously from behind computer screens.

::nods::

The tour manager won't visit every venue in advance though, they will send a detailed list of requirements to the venue. Most venues will have no problem with the requirements and the band and crew will arrive with everything ready to set up straight away. This is standard procedure. In this case, either the venue didn't read or understand the instructions properly or else they had some kind of problem at the last minute.

Other People's Problems are SO hard for people to understand.

I have glitches in my life almost every day and I'm not even running a big concert tour.

Just today I had a problem with a glasses prescription. The optician office said they'd get it to me and they didn't. I called them back. I was told they'd get it directly to the shop that makes glasses. Fine. I waited. They didn't do it. I called back and someone else told me that I need to have the glasses shop call them to get it.

This is just life!

If whether or not a concert took place depended upon whether or not I had my glasses made, the show would not go on.

If I were running a tour I'm certain that multiple members of my staff would run into multiple problems. That's how it goes. I really don't see why it's all so unbelievable.

Last edited:
Other People's Problems are SO hard for people to understand.

I have glitches in my life almost every day and I'm not even running a big concert tour.

Just today I had a problem with a glasses prescription. The optician office said they'd get it to me and they didn't. I called them back. I was told they'd get it directly to the shop that makes glasses. Fine. I waited. They didn't do it. I called back and someone else told me that I need to have the glasses shop call them to get it.

This is just life!

If whether or not a concert took place depended upon whether or not I had my glasses made, the show would not go on.

If I were running a tour I'm certain that multiple members of my staff would run into multiple problems. That's how it goes. I really don't see why it's all so unbelievable.

:clap:
You tell 'em.
:thumb:

I really object to Moz calling this place SOLOW,
yes it has been a horrible place at times, when i first dabbled in these forums all those years ago, it was a vile unwelcoming place. I was very happy to see when i rejoined a while back that it had all been cleaned up and is now a lovely place to be. (apart from the front page which of course is informative but an absolute vat of bile and nastiness ensues in the comments *i try not to read them*)

Also frankly during his seven year SULK in LA, Moz solo was the lifeline for most of his fans and helped the new ones stay on the path rathe than losing interest through lack of info etc.

Im truly glad that Moz makes more effort to tell us things himself, but he should show some better manners. :mad:

I find his calling it Solow to be some kind of back handed compliment.I think it's amusing and quite endearing.And let's face it he's not wrong.:D

the fact that he still refers to it as soLow shows that he must visit these forums every once in a while

maybe they called but you couldn't hear the phone due the residency you have taken up in morrissey's colon.

That was hilarious and clever. It was so hilarious and clever, actually, that I can't find it within my heart to be offended. You slay me. Have you considered a stand-up act?

maybe they called but you couldn't hear the phone due the residency you have taken up in morrissey's colon.

Hey, that's good, if you can't adequately support your position with facts, use potty humor, ad hominem personal attacks, and the fallacy of appeal to motive. E.g. even if Scarlet Ibis was being a suck-up, which she's not, that has nothing to do with whether what multiple people here are saying is true or not.

You're the one calling him a liar, so the burden of proof is on you, not us.

Im truly glad that Moz makes more effort to tell us things himself, but he should show some better manners. :mad:

Maybe if the people on Solow showed better manners. As caustic and sarcastic as Morrissey can be, I'd feel safer around him than half the people here. The only way you could find Morrissey ill mannered and Solow clean and polite is if you use two different measuring sticks to evaluate each.

As for the "seven year sulk in LA," it might have started that way at first (due to, you know, clinical depression and being successfully sued), but I suspect he loved LA and it ended up being great for him. He seems to be more or less moving back to LA, doesn't he? What happened to all those English people who crowed when Morrissey tried to move to Italy, saying it was some kind of reflection on America?

Tags
!facebook !myspace !twitter fat ppl rock flickr????? solow ftw statement true to you tty
Back
Top Bottom