If John Lennon was still alive, what would he have thought of the Smiths and Moz?

Try telling most of Liverpool that! I got slaughtered by a group of Liverpudlians (no not literally but metaphorically) for saying I didn't like Beatles! And from what I gather I would get that reaction in most areas of Liverpool!

That's BS. the Beatles were seen as 'traitors' by a lot of scousers. More to the point, they were, esp. John, relatively middle class and lived on the outskirts of Liverpool.
Look at the Zutones when they were on the sgt. pepper 40th anniversary. they were dismissive of the Beatles as a Liverpool band, f***in' insulting and pretencioulsy so, IMO!!

I remember one morning in 1980 getting on a coach to travel a few miles to Manchester Museum with the rest of my class. The teacher got on board and told us all to be quiet and then asked us all to pray (Catholic School) for John Lennon who had just been killed. Everyone said "Who?". All us little 10 and 11 year old Mancs didn't have a clue who he was and certainly couldn't care less that he was dead.

Thats Manchester!

\you know who he is now though, don't yer?

One to me!!

I read that the Hope Univeristy of Liverpool will open a master devoted to The beatles.

Macca talked about the smiths when he did an interview with p. docherty in the observer monthly mag. He only said somthing about Moz writing to Linda, and i saw earlier today that Moz on a y/t clip was given the P.E.T.A Linda Macca award and said he was her pen pal.

However, he also said something along the lines of "Either one, don't care" when asked to choose between Morrissey and McFly in one of those 'Oranges or apples? Dogs or cats? etc' type interviews a few years back.

Also, i know you're only taking the piss, but...underestimate the Beatles impact on USA at your peril!

I think you misquoted me there mate, I never mentioned anything about that. :o

Hm, you are surely not talking about the era, when The Beatles were starting out at Hamburg, are you. :rolleyes:

What has that got to do with how extraordinary the Beatles were in their later influence on 20th centruy western culture.
compared to them Moz/smiths were a flea on the hide of modern culture

=By the way, was one of the first to have a quick look at those paintings by Paul McCartney. The thought somehow crossed my mind that he must have been on drugs when he painted them. Does he take any?

That doesn't bare any relevance to my point...Paul mccartney (sadly, he accepted, even craved a knighthood, thereby destroying his cool credentials which could have bbeen great) but yeah, Macca loves his drugs...and he always did...

Macca still smokes hash.

this is about JL you geek

unless you are stoopid

I know it's about JL as I started the thread. And "Macca still smokes hash" was in response to the post prior to mines, which was "but yeah, Macca loves his drugs...and he always did"

You're a complete fool and turned out to be the stupid one, beyond any doubt. :thumb:

I know it's about JL as I started the thread. And "Macca still smokes hash" was in response to the post prior to mines, which was "but yeah, Macca loves his drugs...and he always did"

You're a complete fool and turned out to be the stupid one, beyond any doubt. :thumb:

No doubt whatsoever you started this thread, and no doubt you were changing your own subject matter, so you're entitled to do that

are you Heather Mills? :squiffy:

No doubt whatsoever you started this thread, and no doubt you were changing your own subject matter, so you're entitled to do that

are you Heather Mills? :squiffy:

Have you been drinking?:thumb:

I'm not sure Lennon would have much of an opinion on the Smiths/Moz.
I wonder what Yoko OhellNo thinks of Moz. No, correction, I don't. :)

That's BS. the Beatles were seen as 'traitors' by a lot of scousers. More to the point, they were, esp. John, relatively middle class and lived on the outskirts of Liverpool.
Look at the Zutones when they were on the sgt. pepper 40th anniversary. they were dismissive of the Beatles as a Liverpool band, f***in' insulting and pretencioulsy so, IMO!!

Well, I certainty don't like Ringo, he's a first class t**t.:thumb:

Have you been drinking?:thumb:

Line of least resistance is the attack without answering the question

It ultimately doesn't work you see, because you didn't answer my question in a total way, which proves that you are naive to insert the thread in the first place, and prone to an incapability of answering constructive criticism

Just been thinking, what if John Lennon was still alive and he listened to tracks like "There is a light that never goes out" etc. I'm sure he smiled in heaven listening to that on his headphones. Morrissey's funny lyrics would also got the thumbs up. I think Lennon would liked The Smiths and Morrissey. Thoughts?

Lennon would be in the toilets smoking dope with Johnny Marr.

Back
Top Bottom