If John Lennon was still alive, what would he have thought of the Smiths and Moz?

I remember one morning in 1980 getting on a coach to travel a few miles to Manchester Museum with the rest of my class. The teacher got on board and told us all to be quiet and then asked us all to pray (Catholic School) for John Lennon who had just been killed. Everyone said "Who?". All us little 10 and 11 year old Mancs didn't have a clue who he was and certainly couldn't care less that he was dead.

Thats Manchester!

My experience of hearing about Lennon's death was completely different and I was a 10 year old kid in Manchester when it happened. As a kid that was brought up listening to my parents' music from the 50's and 60's it was impossible to avoid the Beatles and most of my friends knew a lot of their songs too. I remember well coming home that December night from school and everybody in the house was watching the news. I especially remember switching my little radio on and tuning through the channels and every single station was playing his music wherever I turned the dial. I suppose it differs from one person to the next but it definitely had some effect on me, even if that was just from a curiosity point of view with all the frenzied media coverage that followed immediately after. As for whether Lennon woud have liked Moz's style, I've no idea. :)

well calling hitting someone or w/e a Manc kiss is a Manc kiss is having conceit about where you come from. I've never heard it before. Most people call them Glasgow kisses! You're mis-appropriating it 'cause you're arrogant about where you come from!!

Actually. I changed it from a "Blackley kiss", which when I was brought up was the same as a Glasgow kiss (a headbutt) whilst shouting the word "TWAT". But I generalised it so the M word as not everyone is aware of its environs. Thats the reverse of conceit.

Your evidence is shit, by the way.

I remember well coming home that December night from school and everybody in the house was watching the news. I especially remember switching my little radio on and tuning through the channels and every single station was playing his music wherever I turned the dial.

That's how I remember it too:I was a HUGE Beatles fan at the time(still am).
Still got lots of the music papers/newspapers from the days following his death.

(even wore a black tie to school the next day)

My experience of hearing about Lennon's death was completely different and I was a 10 year old kid in Manchester when it happened. As a kid that was brought up listening to my parents' music from the 50's and 60's it was impossible to avoid the Beatles and most of my friends knew a lot of their songs too. I remember well coming home that December night from school and everybody in the house was watching the news. I especially remember switching my little radio on and tuning through the channels and every single station was playing his music wherever I turned the dial. I suppose it differs from one person to the next but it definitely had some effect on me, even if that was just from a curiosity point of view with all the frenzied media coverage that followed immediately after. As for whether Lennon woud have liked Moz's style, I've no idea. :)
Well that other gut from Manchester just wanted to brag about the fact he was from Manchester and had 'attitude', he's a cliché on his ass!

Actually. I changed it from a "Blackley kiss", which when I was brought up was the same as a Glasgow kiss (a headbutt) whilst shouting the word "TWAT". But I generalised it so the M word as not everyone is aware of its environs. Thats the reverse of conceit.

Your evidence is shit, by the way.

So long as you didn't put a f***in' Tunbridge Wells kiss i think we'd have got it! So, now you're patronising!!:lbf:

No. I remember all that too. I just also remember that nobody in my class knew who John Lennon was. They all knew of The Beatles and for some reason Paul McCartney? Don't ask why, thats just the way I remember it! What stuck in my young mind was our teacher crying when she told us all. We were genuinely bewildered!

When Elvis died, we knew him alright!

Well that other gut from Manchester just wanted to brag about the fact he was from Manchester and had 'attitude', he's a cliché on his ass!

So far from the truth! I am the very opposite of the cliche Manc. But the thought is funny anyway.

So far from the truth! I am the very opposite of the cliche Manc. But the thought is funny anyway.

But that's my point...The cliché Manc makes a point of Manchesters distinctiveness...as in what started this off...'That's Manchester'!

But that's my point...The cliché Manc makes a point of Manchesters distinctiveness...as in what started this off...'That's Manchester'!

It was a tongue in cheek reference to the M62 and our loving relationship with all things Liverpool. Nothing whatsoever to do with distinctiveness?

Explaining this seems somewhat patronising!

It was a tongue in cheek reference to the M62 and our loving relationship with all things Liverpool. Nothing whatsoever to do with distinctiveness?

Explaining this seems somewhat patronising!

Well it still irritated me and your sig does too!:( Are you proud of being objectionable or something?

Well it still irritated me and your sig does too!:( Are you proud of being objectionable or something?

Ha! Very funny :lbf::lbf: It's a quote from a film.

I think you know quite enough about being objectionable?

I am proud of being a monster btw before you get me on that one!!

Lennon and Morrissey's lovechild :

morrissey-2-jpg--john-lennon-jpgjpe.jpg

Why are we comparing Morrissey with him? Most main-stream over-rated boy-band in history. "War is bad". Yes we know. We're not stupid. Hardly contentious, challenging or profound.

Back
Top Bottom