If John Lennon was still alive, what would he have thought of the Smiths and Moz?

I think if Lennon were alive his music would have progessively went electronic..especially with the Yoko influence..Not dance music, but a little ambient..

I remember one morning in 1980 getting on a coach to travel a few miles to Manchester Museum with the rest of my class. The teacher got on board and told us all to be quiet and then asked us all to pray (Catholic School) for John Lennon who had just been killed. Everyone said "Who?". All us little 10 and 11 year old Mancs didn't have a clue who he was and certainly couldn't care less that he was dead.

Thats Manchester!
Wow! your'e from Manchester!! Can I touch you?

Last edited:
This is an incredibly wrong thing to say but I have never seen the "magic" behind Lennon or the Beatles. So his opinion wouldn't matter that much to me!

Same here. But I don't he would've cared at all.

Well, Sir Paul McCartney has played, once with Johnny Marr, i think by the time when The Smiths split:squiffy: and he loved playing with him, so i think John Lennon would be delighted with The Smiths sound.:squiffy:

Just been thinking, what if John Lennon was still alive and he listened to tracks like "There is a light that never goes out" etc. I'm sure he smiled in heaven listening to that on his headphones. Morrissey's funny lyrics would also got the thumbs up. I think Lennon would liked The Smiths and Morrissey. Thoughts?

He would have thought that Yoko should be on it and possibly Eric Clapton.

Just been thinking, what if John Lennon was still alive and he listened to tracks like "There is a light that never goes out" etc. I'm sure he smiled in heaven listening to that on his headphones. Morrissey's funny lyrics would also got the thumbs up. I think Lennon would liked The Smiths and Morrissey. Thoughts?

i have to ask the question , what the hell does it matter . i personally am not a huge beatles fan . i think they were ok in their time but dont really speak to me and frankly dont give a toss if john lennon likes morrissey or not ... i too find paul mccartney rather pointless

Hairpeace.jpg

bed.jpg

If John Lennon were alive he'd probably just be another nostalgia act selling decently and making a shedload on tours but failing to contribute anything interesting. It's only due to death that he's been so commercially viable over the last 30 years. Prior to that his albums were peaking in the lower part of the UK top 10 and Double Fantasy had peaked at #14 and was on the way out of the top 50 prior to the assassination.

I mean that with no disrespect to Lennon or The Beatles but it's true. Death sells, especially when the one killed was a current / former icon.

i have to ask the question , what the hell does it matter . i personally am not a huge beatles fan . i think they were ok in their time but dont really speak to me and frankly dont give a toss if john lennon likes morrissey or not ... i too find paul mccartney rather pointless

a-you don't have to ask the question
b-what the hell does it matter whether it matters or not?
c-why on earth should music have to 'speak' to you?...just enjoy it!!!!!
d-you should have put...would have liked
e-you fine macca pointless, do you? Well when the world starts revolving around you...

Wow! your'e from Manchester!! Can I touch you?

Come right along. Get off at Piccadilly and start touching as soon as your on the platform. I'd give it 30 seconds before you get a Manc kiss. :)

He would have thought,"That lanky Manc has been ripping off my ideas:
National Health Glasses and confessional songs . Bloody hell,sounds like he's been listening to the Plastic Ono Band album."

Come right along. Get off at Piccadilly and start touching as soon as your on the platform. I'd give it 30 seconds before you get a Manc kiss. :)

Why do you feel the need to be proud of where you come from?

He would have thought,"That lanky Manc has been ripping off my ideas:
National Health Glasses and confessional songs . Bloody hell,sounds like he's been listening to the Plastic Ono Band album."

Both 5' 11" :confused:

Produce evidence? Facts! Dates...

well calling hitting someone or w/e a Manc kiss is a Manc kiss is having conceit about where you come from. I've never heard it before. Most people call them Glasgow kisses! You're mis-appropriating it 'cause you're arrogant about where you come from!!

Back
Top Bottom