"My Love, I'd Do..." and "All The Young People..." 7" sleeves

From an anonymous person:

42213_201802_singles_front.jpg

42212_201802_singles_back.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
The artwork is a huge improvement on recent efforts, especially the horrendous LP cover.

Good to have the Rose Garden cover out officially as he sings it / voice suits it so well (I’d actually like to see him tackle a lot more country / Americana tunes, gram parsons / Scott Walker , lady came from Baltimore style

Is “Rose Garden” usually printed like that with the omission of (I Never Promised You A), or is it just printed like that here?

Yes. The song is just called Rose Garden but people usually call it by the full line on the chorus by mistake. The same as the Judy Garland song is just called Over The Rainbow but most people call it "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" even though that's one word too many.

Rose Garden is most famous for the hit Lynn Anderson version in the early 70s, but it was written and first sung by a male vocalist, Joe South, in the late 60s. He wasn't strictly a country artist either as he also wrote the original Hush as covered by Deep Purple and, later, Kula Shaker.

It's nice to see Benny and Brum finally making an appearance on the front of a Morrissey record. They must be very excited.

BB will be far too busy to notice. I seem to remember he was actively petitioning Trump to ban Morrissey from the US while also pursuing his own music career. One can only assume it is going really well for him as he seems to be hiding here under different guises now...

Something of a contradiction there isn't there?

Especially considering how many b-sides were issued from the Quarry period onwards and the quality of some of them (though not all by any means).
I bought the quarry singles. I can't remember what the bsides were for Ringleader. I just looked them up now. Yah I bought Ringleader singles too but stopped after that.

That question wasn't intended for you to answer.

It's the etching from the WHIWOFBS vinyl, but thanks for playing.

Morrissey isn't ever happy either and if you think he is you're wrong.
the psychiatrist has spoken,thats like you saying I'm never happy and yet you have never met me.

Excellent find, FWD! Thank you.

I remember seeing this song featured on the pre-show videos of the last tour or two.

'Accept me for what I am, Accept me for the things I do '

wonder if that's Morrissey's favorite part and lines of the song. A great song.

Back
Top Bottom