New Statement from Morrissey on True To You

Truly astonishing that Morrissey feels the need to set "the record straight" after 20 odd years of folklore relating to this.

I reckon he's got himself a copy of mozipedia and sits on the toilet with a black pen marking any inaccuracies and waits to punce upon Julia once another inaccuracy appears on t'interweb

Which means he is obviously being told of any interesting threads on here. I think he must have been sorely tempted to get invovled with the Andrew Collins one a while back!

Really quite astonishing. At least he's resting his voice.

ha ha love it! :lbf:

Last edited:
Oh cool, Johnny has a Twitter page (if that's what the young people are calling it). Do you think it's really him though? Cribs is spelled Cribbs.

Hmmmm.....now I'm not so sure that's an "official" page. It could just be a fan posting links.....

*shakes fist at fake Twitterers"

PS - I hate twitter. I only follow a few interesting people so I don't miss any news. I can't remember how I found this one, I thought I had followed an official link to it, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered with it.

Hmmmm.....now I'm not so sure that's an "official" page. It could just be a fan posting links.....

*shakes fist at fake Twitterers"

PS - I hate twitter. I only follow a few interesting people so I don't miss any news. I can't remember how I found this one, I thought I had followed an official link to it, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered with it.

I hate Twitter too. It's awful. I like only Orkut and facebook.

I haven't found an "official" link to it on jmarr.com or his "official" facebook page. Plus, as pointed out above, they spelled Cribs wrong.

The post I quoted above has now disappeared.

The story was told very publicly and is in the public mind. Even though I understood the original story the way I already mentioned, it is good that Morrissey clarified it in public and not, like some suggested, in private. I recently received PMs of people here who apologised for having publicly insulted me in the forums, but the "great" thing about it is... nobody knows apart from me and they can continue to be great friends with their "buddies" and the insults are still there.

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_090913_01

13 September 2009

Statement from Morrissey:

I am forced to defend myself - again - from a comment made by Andy Rourke last week on the eyeweekly website. It is a recurring comment whereby Andy confirms that his dismissal from the Smiths was made via a handwritten postcard from me telling Andy "you have left the Smiths."
I would like to state to anyone interested in the truth of this matter that no such postcard was ever written by me, and no dismissal postcard was ever placed on Andy's car with my knowledge or consent, and I am naturally irked that such an alleged deed has gone down in the fairy tale footnotes of Smiths lore. If such a postcard ever existed, it is likely that an unfunny stunt was played on Andy by someone attempting Morrissey-scrawl - easily done. Secondly, Andy's "dismissal" from the Smiths would not be a decision solely made by me, and would not be announced by me on a note bearing only my name, and it would also not be executed by a handwritten note carelessly thrown onto the hood of a car (or window-wipers, as has often been reported.)
Doesn't anyone have the wit to work this one out ?

MORRISSEY
13 september 2009

Right On Morrissey, Life goes on,
Time does not wait for such a silly thing.
I just wish you the best.
Which I believe you are doing..
Keep Strong :guitar:
Sing your Life**

And Thank you True to you! And Je Suis Julie
I enjoyed reading Sir Morrissey's comment.:)

The story was told very publicly and is in the public mind. Even though I understood the original story the way I already mentioned, it is good that Morrissey clarified it in public and not, like some suggested, in private. I recently received PMs of people here who apologised for having publicly insulted me in the forums, but the "great" thing about it is... nobody knows apart from me and they can continue to be great friends with their "buddies" and the insults are still there.

Look at you trying to start trouble. You're really something, Silke.

Not only that but Morrissey is still gay and it's the subject of every single one of his songs.

Look at you trying to start trouble. You're really something, Silke.

Do you want to continue? Sort your mind out Ibis, you might not need your medicine anymore if you do.

Not only that but Morrissey is still gay and it's the subject of every single one of his songs.

:lbf: Yeah, whatever...

Last edited:
Tags
echobabe team moz
Back
Top Bottom