Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

Peppermint

haha dont worry pep, they're not the kind of awards we want. they're the kind of awards you get for excelling in mediocrity and which are given out for stories with "of the moment" themes like age gap date rape. i really dont see anything special in her writing and she'll likely just get a desk job. *shrug* i mean, you dont actually think someone who says thinks like "im shook" is going to rock the literary world, do you?
I'm not even completely sure I know what 'I'm shook' means. Why is it that people with more confidence than talent get to leap ahead, and the people who agonise that they might not be good enough (even if they are) get nowhere? :(

Peppermint

but i have really bad acid reflux as you know! so i figure im a good candidate for throat cancer somewhere down the line. im very relieved i dont have it yet however because there's still things i want to do in life with my throat intact.
But then maybe you could have pretend cancer like Morrissey and wear a weird patch on your throat for sympathy (like he did in some gig or other a couple of years back, until it fell off on stage). And waft around making melodramatic statements like 'if I die, I die.'

Last edited:

Peppermint

what an asshole

also why does canadas leading doctor during the pandemic look like she operates a stall at a wuhan wet market? (is that racist?).
Quite possibly. But funny. She also looks like she's not had sex in a very long time, so little wonder she thinks it's something that can be micro-managed and hygienically processed like some laboratory test.

Light Housework

Hunchback of Solow
Subscriber
I passed by a stunning prostitute as I carried my groceries home today. I wish I were able to save her from that lifestyle.

countthree

I passed by a stunning prostitute as I carried my groceries home today. I wish I were able to save her from that lifestyle.

You have a nice wish. If I learned someting in my life, after many mistakes, is that people don't want to be saved. They want to be respected. You can save her in your own mind just by not defining her by her profession, you may say: I passed by a woman (or a man) who was doing this or that. That different outlook may help you to know what to do in such situations. Sometimes doing the right thing involves doing a lot less than becoming a savior. If people shouldn't be defined by accidental things like -for example- skin color, they shouldn't be defined by the way they earn their lives, especially now, when professions and jobs are so unstable.

countthree

I remember the scene of a film in which a lightning struck a hominid and he became a homo sapiens. His expression changed and that was a sign that he became an intelligent being. Of course, that was the representation of a process that may have lasted millions of years, who knows. Well, in a way that same lighting hit me today and I realized something I was unaware of, at least consciously. It was like a revelation and I felt a fool. I could say I'm stupid and that wouldn't be wrong, but in my favor I can say that it was very hard to imagine.

rifke

ladies bear (inquire within)
I'm not even completely sure I know what 'I'm shook' means. Why is it that people with more confidence than talent get to leap ahead, and the people who agonise that they might not be good enough (even if they are) get nowhere? :(
well because she's young, she's 'in the system', she's supported by her school who have an interest in seeing their mediocre succeed, she falls in line with the status quo, people like confidence. i think she probably works pretty hard too though. i dont know, im not really that concerned about her.

rifke

Quite possibly. But funny. She also looks like she's not had sex in a very long time, so little wonder she thinks it's something that can be micro-managed and hygienically processed like some laboratory test.
yeah, she fugly as hell

whatever happened to "the government has no place in the bedroom"?!?!? now they're advising people to use "glory holes" in order to get off.

rifke

But then maybe you could have pretend cancer like Morrissey and wear a weird patch on your throat for sympathy (like he did in some gig or other a couple of years back, until it fell off on stage). And waft around making melodramatic statements like 'if I die, I die.'
ew no. im not wearing any weird patches on me at any point ever. ick.

Peppermint

well because she's young, she's 'in the system', she's supported by her school who have an interest in seeing their mediocre succeed, she falls in line with the status quo, people like confidence. i think she probably works pretty hard too though. i dont know, im not really that concerned about her.
Urgh. I hate her. Young people with confidence are the worst. When you're young you should be wracked with self-doubt and crawl about feeling inferior for a good 10 years or more. It's against the natural law of things to be full of yourself. And very annoying.

Peppermint

yeah, she fugly as hell

whatever happened to "the government has no place in the bedroom"?!?!? now they're advising people to use "glory holes" in order to get off.
What?! For real?! How did they manage to phrase that in 'government speak'? And what are you supposed to do if you don't live anywhere near a glory hole purveyor? Are they giving out leaflets telling you how to build your own? I tell you, people say Canada is dull but it sounds like they're right out there :lbf:

rifke

Urgh. I hate her. Young people with confidence are the worst. When you're young you should be wracked with self-doubt and crawl about feeling inferior for a good 10 years or more. It's against the natural law of things to be full of yourself. And very annoying.
well, i dont hate her. she's one of the few people at work i can talk to, who doesnt make me feel limited by their perceptions of me as stupid people, not having any gauge for superior intelligence, tend to do. that isnt nothing. she isnt full of herself either-- rather she seems way more interested in other people than i could ever be and actually remembers things you tell her unlike everyone else around here. she's really not that objectionable (other than yes, being confident and in that unoriginal way that every other confident youth these days seems to be confident as well as having a really cringey cowgirl kind of laugh). i think maybe you're projecting again, pep pep!

i do think however that being wracked with self-doubt and crawling around feeling inferior is probably good for anyone with any interest in actually making important art as opposed to just getting a desk job so, her loss. personally, i cherish all my neuroses and existential angst. i admit that it is a bit frustrating how things seem so easy for some people though. but i wouldnt want to be in her position, because, being a hopeless egotist, im interested in my own unique experience above all else and her experience isnt my experience so i dont really care that much what she does with it.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Top Bottom