why does moz treat his fans like shite ? - discuss (or blindly defend)

Re: songs listed in Warner Chappelle

Apparently according to Boz Action Man etc are recorded during ROTT sessions.
Morrissey now signed to Polydor, not the same record company released Quarry and Ringleader.

Surely we must see it eventually though -- with that title its too much to miss! :D

Apparently according to Boz Action Man etc are recorded during ROTT sessions.
Morrissey now signed to Polydor, not the same record company released Quarry and Ringleader.

It is the same record company actually. I've explained this at least five times on here now. Sanctuary went belly up, Polydor bought the rights to their releases. They didn't 'sign' Morrissey, he was handed to them.

It is the same record company actually. I've explained this at least five times on here now. Sanctuary went belly up, Polydor bought the rights to their releases. They didn't 'sign' Morrissey, he was handed to them.

Sorry I didn't pay attention to your earlier posts.

Anyway, Polydor seems not interested in polishing those songs (doesn't want to spend money on studio cost etc) which resulted no new tracks on Skull singles.

...all you need is me!

interesting replies guys ( n gals) - thanks for your opinions ! I love morrissey and he has soundtracked my life for over 25 years - and i have stuck by him through thick and thin ! I have been to see him live over 30 times now and have only once been the victim of a cancellation ( well 1 and a bit - roundhouse last year) . I agree that if he is ill that he should not play and i am not implying that he is lying - my frustration is that i don't think he should announce so many dates with minimal days off inbetweeen when in recent years he has had a history of falling ill ! as i said in the original thread : i was not going to the rah gig (though i did try to get tickets on the day) , but i know of a couple from barrow who i met in stirling who were going to rah and birmingham and i can imagine the frustration and upset they must be feeling (hello ! by the way if you recognise yourselves and thanks for the chip). morrissey is unique in that he knows that he has a loyal following, who , in this modern age , have the means to get tickets to multiple gigs and who travel from all over the world to see him - he acknowledged this is stirling last week when addressing an L.A traveller ! so he is aware that the investment his fans make go well beyond simply purchasing the formats and tickets - there is a lot of money spent in other areas in order to simply go to the gig. if he has not got the legs to fulfill an extensive tour (as has been the case recently) then he should not play as many dates in close succession ! i love the fact that i can get to see morrissey play in obscure places and not just in arenas , but we flatter to deceive in that the reason he plays "theatre" sized venues is that that is the level he is at ! he is not u2 (thank god) and does not have mass appeal ! so the quantity of gigs is not a "gift to his fans" , it is a sign of the times ! my other frustration is that he is playin the same songs every night - in almost the same order ! again , in the old days when people only went to their local gig this is fine , but he knows this is no longer the case - i am not saying that he should do a unique set at every gig , but he could mix it up a bit more - the band looked bored at times !!

i went to see moz twice last week and both gigs were really good and his voice was the best i have heard it - really strong ! and he was in fine fettle! and i am going again (fingers crossed) to hartlepool next week , but i am now always on edge that he may cancel ! i was angry last night and maybe was spleen venting a bit but i still think he is a bit blase about his fanbase and treats us with apathy at times ! sayin that i have been pricin a week in rimini in july for the italian dates ! peace maaaaan !

Sorry I didn't pay attention to your earlier posts.

Anyway, Polydor seems not interested in polishing those songs (doesn't want to spend money on studio cost etc) which resulted no new tracks on Skull singles.

That's true enough I suppose. From day one I don't think anyone at Polydor has really been bothered with Moz. It must've been like 'pass the parcel' until the music stopped on Decca.

mpsdvd2006_2.jpg

(Hans Georg Brunner Schwer -- the original owner of Polydor Records)

'I know what hands are for, and I'D LIKE TO HELP MYSELF!! :horny:'

:rolleyes:

If you don't like him then stay off here, but don't denounce him like he's shit. Just back off any of you fairweather fans. Instead of criticising his music, why don't you just go seek out a fan site full of pop charters? Either that or STFU :mad:

I always like Polydor better when they were called Polygram.
Before all the Vivendi -Universal -fifty nine thousand different owners -crap that seems to dog every record company these days.

I was wrong before, Polydor didn't buy the rights to Sanctuary, Universal did & they handed them to Polydor. That's what I meant. D'oh!

i went to see moz twice last week and both gigs were really good and his voice was the best i have heard it - really strong ! and he was in fine fettle! and i am going again (fingers crossed) to hartlepool next week , but i am now always on edge that he may cancel ! i was angry last night and maybe was spleen venting a bit but i still think he is a bit blase about his fanbase and treats us with apathy at times ! sayin that i have been pricin a week in rimini in july for the italian dates ! peace maaaaan !

Oh? What kind of figure are you getting?

I'm lazy. :o

I don't feel badly treated. When i heard RAH was cancelled i did mutter something to the effect of, i hope he's got swine flu and dies, but several hours of excessive drinking helped me to forget about the whole debacle.
Each time Morrissey cancels i got through similar motions.

The only other issues i have is the price of women's tshirts at his concerts.

Re: hmmm

Yeah, it's his fault not accepting what was on the table, but he doesn't have be a sell out.

he is (and have always been) signed to big labels during his solo career, he does tv shows, magazines interviews, giant tours.....of course he's a sell out. That doesn't mean it's bad thing though.

Oh? What kind of figure are you getting?

I'm lazy. :o

really cheap flight with ryanair from stanstead - worked out at just over £50 return - tho the flight is on the saturday before the two gigs so it would have to involve a few days stay over - i am thinkin of turning it into a weeks holiday with the family and havin the 2 gigs as an added bonus ! hotel for a week is from 500 quid ! its a strange place for him to play - i went there on holiday years ago and it is a lovely area but it has no real cultural highlights , it is very much a beach based holiday resort - though san marino and venice are within easy travellin distance - and florence too ! just off now to look at a grand total - the italian ticket site is ok too - i got tickets for rome in 06 from them and picked up at the venue no problemo - go on !!! will race you for an extra leg room seat !

Tags
mozflu reelcool street dundruff
Back
Top Bottom