"Autobiography" by Morrissey - Oct 17, 2013; press release

• Thread starter Justin Playfair
  • Start date
Re: Autobiography by Morrissey - Oct 17th

Awesome! The title "Morrissey, Autobiography" is pretty unimaginative though. Wish it had a better title.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's save a bit of time later this month. We know that all the responses on here to the autobiography will be one of these:

1) Amazing prose stylist, reminds me why I love Morrissey, he can do no wrong in my eyes.

2) More lies and delusions from a devious, truculent and unreliable narrator. Nauseating prose style. As bad as all the music he's made since Vauxhall & I. Fire Jesse Tobias and get back with Johnny Marr, you sad, fat, talentless old man. God, I hate Morrissey but still I have to keep coming here to publicly say so. He can do no right in my eyes (even though I immediately pre-ordered the book from Amazon and will always secretly buy tickets for the gigs).

3) I haven't read it and don't need to because I've already pre-judged it.

4) I said I'd come back again even though I categorically promised I never would. I have more insight and intelligence than pretty much anyone else on the planet, and yet I fail to realise that my interminable and irrelevant posts are either just skim-read or ignored by everyone here, but I don't care because I love seeing my words on the screen: it makes me feel important.

(NB. Last one applies to BrummieBoy only)

There = it's all been said now.

I'd be interested to see a pictorial comparison too. I wonder if the original poster could point us in the direction of a Wilde-ish picture they had in mind when making the post?

P.

Perhaps the cover design & layout is a reference to the Oscar Wilde quote ~ "A man's face is his autobiography".
Works for me.

I don't mind if you forgot me. You know i love trees too much. Content to be a song blowing in the wind. You are sleeping, you do not want to believe...My life's not bad, but nothing could make it worse.
Scott Thorson walks into a library, reads chapter "how I lost my sentimental virginity", you know full well that won't, you know, that won't happen to Me.

I'm forever blowing. In the wind. The wind. The wind that's blowing in trees.

And that's enough for me. I'm an AmonymClassic already.

How are you doing? I hope things are getting better. Good to hear from you.

Me? I'm doing fairly well. I can block out all of the shakes and most of the last hour. I know, by now, I should have straightened myself out, dropped dead and stiff...

Now at number 4 on the amazon best seller list. Morrissey will be please that he's overtaken Jamie Oliver.

I still exist... in spite of you, in spite of youth. :)

In spite of merry money making. I know me. Pa.so.li.ni , and death, and garbage.

What's my life for? Me. Yours?
Aren't I... sheer goss amer poetry.

I for one, am very excited for this long-awaited autobiography. I don't think there would be any mind-blowing revelations, but I believe it will be, like many of his songs, well-written and great story-telling.

My guess is that Morrissey has met many famous people; most people that he admires, some in the music industry but, also perhaps actors and writers and he may have some insightful observations that will be amusing to read about. I also think he will give his version of the Smiths demise and perhaps some revelations to songs as to who may they be about.

I for one, am very excited for this long-awaited autobiography. I don't think there would be any mind-blowing revelations, but I believe it will be, like many of his songs, well-written and great story-telling.

My guess is that Morrissey has met many famous people; most people that he admires, some in the music industry but, also perhaps actors and writers and he may have some insightful observations that will be amusing to read about. I also think he will give his version of the Smiths demise and perhaps some revelations to songs as to who may they be about.

You summed it up well, Mozmic. People need to chill.

You summed it up well, Mozmic. People need to chill.

Thank you, Playcat2000. You are very kind.

Like yourself, I am the last of the diehards. I don't always understand him. I don't always agree with him, but I love his songs, I enjoy his concerts, and I laugh at what he says in his interviews. I'm just a fan. He's not interested in my career advice and I don't give it.

I just accept him just the way he is. It works for me, and most of the time, he takes me on a good ride. For that, I am eternally grateful.

I don't mind if you forgot me. You know i love trees too much. Content to be a song blowing in the wind. You are sleeping, you do not want to believe...My life's not bad, but nothing could make it worse.
Scott Thorson walks into a library, reads chapter "how I lost my sentimental virginity", you know full well that won't, you know, that won't happen to Me.

I'm forever blowing. In the wind. The wind. The wind that's blowing in trees.

And that's enough for me. I'm an AmonymClassic already.

Someday, someone, will make you think "all my life has been leading me to you".

Now at number 4 on the amazon best seller list. Morrissey will be please that he's overtaken Jamie Oliver.

Based on the book description, I think Moz may just want to list out all his accolades and rankings. Hopefully, there will be more to it than that.

Me? I'm doing fairly well. I can block out all of the shakes and most of the last hour. I know, by now, I should have straightened myself out, dropped dead and stiff...

You are very strong. I wish you well.

Considering Morrissey clearly doesn't suffer fools gladly, he'd loathe most of these self-proclaimed die-hards. One of the mongs referred to this book as a tomb. He/she was trying to be utterly pretentious and use the word tome, I assume. Then you've got Claypit 2000 who says anyone who can't see that everything Morrissey does is influenced by Wilde, is blind and not a true fan. How wrong can someone be. Her inanity astounds me daily.

I will read the book over Christmas when I have time. I predict I will be groaning rather often (and not in the same way Crystal Geezer will be groaning). Good luck to anyone logging on here on Oct 17. It'll be awash with desperadoes all claiming to have finished it already and scrutinising every line. I have nothing against good, critical analysis. However, 99.9% of the posters here couldn't critically analyse their own thumb.

Whilst a lot of people come to complain about the negativity here, I think the most depressing thing about this site is realising how stupid and thick and embarrassing most Morrissey fans are...

Perhaps the cover design & layout is a reference to the Oscar Wilde quote ~ "A man's face is his autobiography".
Works for me.

Joe wins the prize! This is exactly what I had in mind when I first saw the cover and the title.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom