Mum chats with Morrissey

Brel

Guttersnipe
Mike Garry, Manchester Poet and childhood friend of Morrissey was talking on the radio this morning about St Wilfreds school and growing up in Hulme. He said that just after The Smiths first trip to the USA, Morrissey called round to his house to see him. Mikes Mum and Dad were pleased to see Morrissey and his Mum said "Hello Steven, what have have you been up to?" Morrissey told her about the trip to America and she responded "Oh, did you go to Disneyland?" As Mike said, can you imagine Morrissey shaking Mickey Mouses hand?

Mothers!

Mike Garry, Manchester Poet and childhood friend of Morrissey was talking on the radio this morning about St Wilfreds school and growing up in Hulme. He said that just after The Smiths first trip to the USA, Morrissey called round to his house to see him. Mikes Mum and Dad were pleased to see Morrissey and his Mum said "Hello Steven, what have have you been up to?" Morrissey told her about the trip to America and she responded "Oh, did you go to Disneyland?" As Mike said, can you imagine Morrissey shaking Mickey Mouses hand?

Mothers!

Hahaha, thank you very much for posting this. :lbf:
Which radio station / programme Mike was on?

Many of us have a mother like her (yes, I have one, too). :o

It reminds me of My mother on Morrissey
Where is Sunbags these days?

Last edited:
Hahaha, thank you very much for posting this. :lbf:

Many of us have a mother like her (yes, I have one, too). :o

So do I. Last week I offered to take my Mum & Dad to Rome as a Wedding Anniversary gift. My Mum said "Oh no. I can only fly for up to 45 minutes"

It was on Radio Manchester. It's a programme called "Wow" (I think?) It's bascally a Granada TV Commissioning Editor and his ex brother-in-law/schoolfriend who is now a Radio Sports journalist, heading down memory lane. I can only take it in small doses and caught it by chance this morning as The Archers came on so I switched over! He's now talking about Bingley Hall and seeing The Smiths play there.

Last edited:
So do I. Last week I offered to take my Mum & Dad to Rome as a Wedding Anniversary gift. My Mum said "Oh no. I can only fly for up to 45 minutes"

It was on Radio Manchester. It's a programme called "Wow" (I think?) It's bascally a Granada TV Commissioning Editor and his ex brother-in-law/schoolfriend who is now a Radio Sports journalist, heading down memory lane. I can only take it in small doses and caught it by chance this morning as The Archers came on so I switched over! He's now talking about Bingley Hall and seeing The Smiths play there.

Thanks, I found this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/manches...s/arts_and_culture/newsid_8238000/8238764.stm

Back
Top Bottom