"This Is Morrissey" Excluded from Charts - Morrissey Central

"Facking hell Sam, what are we going to tells BMG?"
"I've got nothing Unc, nothing"
"What are they saying on Solo?"
"Awwwwww, do we have to?"
"Yes, it's all we have"
"OK I will....waaait a minute, look what they're saying here..."
"YES! *punches air* THAT'S the alibi - make it so, Sam"

David, is there any chance you could introduce a rating that just says 'Twat'?

It really is needed.

You guys talk more about UncleSkinny than you do about Morrissey.

Hilarious.

Instead of focusing on the indignity of Morrissey even commenting on the budget charts, you focus your resentment on an anti-Morrissey troll; all the while some cluster B personality is trolling about Jewish record company conspiracies and racism.

It seems that, by creating sides, Morrissey has managed to drag his remaining acolytes into the gutter with him, and now everyone is covered in shit.

It's all so Trumpian that it seems intentional on his part.

What's the moral of this story? Try really hard to raise well-adjusted offspring, or they'll end up on a Morrissey forum.

This isn't attributed to being a Morrissey statement.
It appears more like Sam has read the discussion here and posted a response.
It would have helped if 'they' explained why there's no Sire version and the US stores are selling a Parlaphone import.
The vinyl in August will obviously suffer too (despite being full price) as by not releasing simultaneously with the CD - it will only probably appear in the vinyl album chart. Does any other artist release formats with a month's gap between release dates? Kind of defeats the point of total sales/charts.
The whole piss-poor marketing, lack of digital for the 7", staggered release of the compilation etc... are really counterproductive if you are that fussed about charts. It's a total non-story as they could do lots of simple things to increase sales/charting, but nothing is ever forthcoming. That's down to them not the charts. If they'd had the sense to release something a bit more interesting than remasters and a couple of RSD tracks cobbled together like chuck a couple of unreleased songs and make it full price - 'problem' solved.
I'm certainly done discussing this topic.
Regards,
FWD.

On a serious note, you need to get a life.

Don't be so harsh, it's not his fault he's a bell end, it's the fault of the lefties and the foreigns, like everything else is.

WtF is a 'foreigns'?:grin:

Did the lefties here ever go to school or was govt assistance low back then I mean WTF?
For future reference, a fungus is a fungus.:tonguewink:

On a serious note, you need to get a life.
It's called adding to the conversation - you know, that thing your reply didn't do.
Very happy life thanks.
Someone who cares will be along shortly.
FWD.

If he actually made an effort and released a decent hits album instead of a lousy 12 songs it might sell better. He has a wealth of great songs and he picks The Harsh Truth. Nobody wants to hear half the songs on This Is Morrissey. Nobody wants another bullshit compilation album. He should release a new album or a live album or acoustic versions of songs, but not a reheated version of last year's dinner that the cat pissed on.

He had a thing for old sloppy cheapo compilations like Decca's "World of..." series which he clearly expressed with the "World of..." album, but it seems odd to keep doing the same thing. Especially as he's too vain to give them artwork which is representative of the sort of album they're apeing, which would at least make them more fun. He should up his game and do one that pays homage to shitty cheapo cassettes sold in garages which didn't mention that the featured has-been's well-known songs which filled the tape were in the form of horrible re-recordings.

Of course, that must be the reason. Otherwise it'd be kicking all others out of the way on the way to the top of the charts. Not that it didn't sell enough. No sir. Definitely not that.

Oh, and I don't believe the discussion on the 'budgetness' or otherwise has been discussed anywhere but here, so I wonder where he and Sam got the idea?
Hmm I notice you’re first on this thread but nothing on his interview!!!! Is it because there is no reason to shout the word RACIST at??? You really are quite a tedious wanktart aren’t you?

Hmm I notice you’re first on this thread but nothing on his interview!!!! Is it because there is no reason to shout the word RACIST at??? You really are quite a tedious wanktart aren’t you?

Thank you for performing this public service, I would dearly love to check that everyone is posting in a decent range of topics and isn't choosing not to comment on some in a sinister way, but I don't have the time.

thinks... I hope he doesn't spot my disgraceful lack of performance in Marketplace and out me for my sleazy non-selling agenda

Since it was not eligible for the charts, and Morrissey has been silenced by the man once again by, I think it's important to inform everyone that that the album has gone platinum.

Suck it Skinny!

Morrissey, boo, you will always be number one in our hearts, and that's the only chart that matters.

You changed my life. I now pretend to be interested in Oscar Wilde, and I'm now a vegetarian only around my friends.

People can change!

You know, the whole chart thing , Morrissey has seemed bothered by chart positions, he mentions it quite a bit. Obviously I'm not really talking about This Is Morrissey (if that's excluded) but in general. And all I want to say about the charts and Morrissey is this: who cares about the charts?? He's f***ING MORRISSEY, a complete legend. Has he seen the utter crap that actually fills the charts??? Charts don't matter to anyone with good taste! Morrissey 's place in music is secure and he doesn't need a top ten to prove how good his music is. I mean, we live in a world that gives awards to Robbie Williams and Ed Sheeran sells millions. That crap doesn't matter....charts are all about bored teenagers on iTunes and publicity drives by record companies.

But when it comes to music, longevity, art, Mozza has nailed it. No matter what does or doesn't happen with his own chart positions.
You know, the whole chart thing , Morrissey has seemed bothered by chart positions, he mentions it quite a bit. Obviously I'm not really talking about This Is Morrissey (if that's excluded) but in general. And all I want to say about the charts and Morrissey is this: who cares about the charts?? He's f***ING MORRISSEY, a complete legend. Has he seen the utter crap that actually fills the charts??? Charts don't matter to anyone with good taste! Morrissey 's place in music is secure and he doesn't need a top ten to prove how good his music is. I mean, we live in a world that gives awards to Robbie Williams and Ed Sheeran sells millions. That crap doesn't matter....charts are all about bored teenagers on iTunes and publicity drives by record companies.

But when it comes to music, longevity, art, Mozza has nailed it. No matter what does or doesn't happen with his own chart positions.

YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN!!!

At last some real rage on here and small people bothered about a compilation album. I loved this over in England when someone entered the pub after a bad day and you ended up glassing their face just for fun.

Violence is the best and why can't we meet up like hooligans do and have a go?

Arrange it someone or should I do it, I wanna taste blood.[/QUOTE

What is to glass someone's face?

He could fill a compilation with any old shit and make the vinyl a lot more tempting if he tried harder with the packaging. For instance, this album would have been a lot more tempting if he'd made it an homage to this
000.jpg

You guys talk more about UncleSkinny than you do about Morrissey.

Hilarious.

Instead of focusing on the indignity of Morrissey even commenting on the budget charts, you focus your resentment on an anti-Morrissey troll; all the while some cluster B personality is trolling about Jewish record company conspiracies and racism.

It seems that, by creating sides, Morrissey has managed to drag his remaining acolytes into the gutter with him, and now everyone is covered in shit.

It's all so Trumpian that it seems intentional on his part.

What's the moral of this story? Try really hard to raise well-adjusted offspring, or they'll end up on a Morrissey forum.
Finally someone able to sum it all up in a very poetic way and it was like reading a novel or something so thank you for making me feel real.

Cluster B personality, wow, labels are so great sometimes. Will add it to my business card.

Urbanus

Troll
Fantasist
Death nazi
Cluster B personality

"Call me, I collect money and kill people"

Why would he do that, Morrissey banned David from his gigs, so he's probably as pissed at Morrissey as anyone else.

Maybe David cares little and has moved on from wanting to go to Morrissey shows.

You break a bottle against a table and then you cut them in the face. My speciality is cutting a swastika into chins and foreheads.

When you see my victim say hello from me!

Your avatar is like a horrid accusing eye.

Tags
this is morrissey info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom