"California Son" released (May 24, 2019); full album now on YouTube

California Son is released on May 24, 2019.
full

Posted May 21:

Posted May 25:

Posted May 28:

At about 12:05 UK time, all the rest of the album tracks were posted on Morrissey's YouTube.

Press the icon at the top left to select other songs:

Regards,
FWD.

A short promo video for the album:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've listened to it on Spotify and I'm torn: the voice is great, the musicians are ok, but many of the songs aren't that good because the source material wasn't. The highlight for me is 'It's Over', and then 'Morning Starship' but I'm not sure about some of the rest. 'Wedding Bell Blues' somehow sounds way better within the context of the album. I'm liking the second half of the album. 'Lenny's Tune' is a lovely song. I also think he should have included Chain Gang on it. That cover was just fab.
It just emphasises to me yet again how well Moz sounds. Please let some brilliant songwriter feed him music he deserves.

A short promo video for the album:

Regards,
FWD.

An Amazon bestseller !

#2 in Amazon music best sellers

#1 in indie ahead of the national

SER:

"I first heard California Son around October of last year and it sounds as powerful today on its release date as it did then.
Morrissey could have recorded this album earlier in his career because his influences were always a part of him as a fan of words and Melody but I am glad that he released it in 2019. It is perfect timing.
He had the best team around him from around the world.
Also, he has more fans now than ever so more people can appreciate the music that influenced him that’s helped to shape the artist he is.
The protest songs on the album ring true today which shows that the fight goes on and the pop songs are songs that his voice and stature have evolved to."

Mando:

farkomalarco~1558706190~2050898628020768121_418366473.jpg

Matt:

20190524_184736.jpg
20190524_184753.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Anybody with the standard vinyl notice side b jumps into Wedding Bell Blues as soon as the needle drops? Like it cut off the first second or two? Wondering if it's just my copy.

Let me be "on the record" and say that while I have been offended by Morrissey's politics and disappointed by his recent records, this album is really solid. The songs he selected are really interesting, he is in great voice, and the production is terrific. The negative reviews it is getting is unwarranted. I do feel that his ham-fisted public pronouncements are adding to the negative feelings that the reviewers feel for the record. It's a shame.

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom