"Autobiography" by Morrissey - Oct 17, 2013; press release

• Thread starter Justin Playfair
  • Start date
Re: Autobiography by Morrissey - Oct 17th

Awesome! The title "Morrissey, Autobiography" is pretty unimaginative though. Wish it had a better title.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's save a bit of time later this month. We know that all the responses on here to the autobiography will be one of these:

1) Amazing prose stylist, reminds me why I love Morrissey, he can do no wrong in my eyes.

2) More lies and delusions from a devious, truculent and unreliable narrator. Nauseating prose style. As bad as all the music he's made since Vauxhall & I. Fire Jesse Tobias and get back with Johnny Marr, you sad, fat, talentless old man. God, I hate Morrissey but still I have to keep coming here to publicly say so. He can do no right in my eyes (even though I immediately pre-ordered the book from Amazon and will always secretly buy tickets for the gigs).

3) I haven't read it and don't need to because I've already pre-judged it.

4) I said I'd come back again even though I categorically promised I never would. I have more insight and intelligence than pretty much anyone else on the planet, and yet I fail to realise that my interminable and irrelevant posts are either just skim-read or ignored by everyone here, but I don't care because I love seeing my words on the screen: it makes me feel important.

(NB. Last one applies to BrummieBoy only)

There = it's all been said now.

Nope. People will read it and judge it fairly on its merits.

Oh do piss off and get over your superiority complex.

You're on a fansite about Morrissey. What do you expect people to do except talk about Morrissey in great detail? I love the you say you will read the book around Christmas "when you have time". Are you Hans Blix? What is possibly keeping you so busy?

At least none the diehards have been ignorant enough to use 'mong' in their posts.

Last edited:
I'll be glad to read if Moz puts his knob in a mans arse or a womans fanny, or both.

Roll on October 17th!

I'm not sure he's going to divulge his sexuality. If he does, he is robbed of his mystique (maybe less so if he's asexual). If he does, I'd be worried, as it may mean he's through with continuing as the sort of public figure he has been so far.

Some Guardian worker commented that this was part 1 of 2, covering his time up until the end of The Smiths. I know that's been thrown out there before, but he seemed pretty sure of it. Maybe that is why the 660 pages were cut to 440 or whatever it is now. Maybe too, this was the cause of the dispute between Morrissey and Penguin - if such a thing really did happen.

The 660 pages delivered were presumably a typescript, possibly even double spaced. As far as I know, there's no evidence that the book was ever cut down by a couple of hundred pages. It all depends on the typeface, point size etc used by the publisher. 660 A4 typed pages could easily translate to 400-480 pages when printed. I doubt that the book was severely abridged.

Re: Article: "Autobiography" by Morrissey - Oct 17, 2013; press release

Nope. People will read it and judge it fairly on its merits.

Exactly, although judging by the critics who dared to consider that his M25 movie was not the greatest thing evah, the zealots will only see what they want to see. Genuine criticism will be dismissed out of hand.

I really hope it is going to be great, but his recent public persona is so deeply unpleasant I am concerned it might be a bit of a car crash. Fingers crossed.

- - - Updated - - -

PHP:
I'm not sure he's going to divulge his sexuality. If he does, he is robbed of his mystique (maybe less so if he's asexual). If he does, I'd be worried, as it may mean he's through with continuing as the sort of public figure he has been so far.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/why-do-all-these-homosexuals-keep-sucking-my-cock,11150/

The 660 pages delivered were presumably a typescript, possibly even double spaced. As far as I know, there's no evidence that the book was ever cut down by a couple of hundred pages. It all depends on the typeface, point size etc used by the publisher. 660 A4 typed pages could easily translate to 400-480 pages when printed. I doubt that the book was severely abridged.

Jah, I was just speculating on speculation. For what it is worth I agree with you.

He's gay or bi with extreme gay leanings. There's not really any mystique anymore. Maybe in the Smiths days, certainly not now.

Why would you even have an account on this website if you're not a Morrissey fan? This is a Morrissey fan
site.

Considering Morrissey clearly doesn't suffer fools gladly, he'd loathe most of these self-proclaimed die-hards. One of the mongs referred to this book as a tomb. He/she was trying to be utterly pretentious and use the word tome, I assume. Then you've got Claypit 2000 who says anyone who can't see that everything Morrissey does is influenced by Wilde, is blind and not a true fan. How wrong can someone be. Her inanity astounds me daily.

I will read the book over Christmas when I have time. I predict I will be groaning rather often (and not in the same way Crystal Geezer will be groaning). Good luck to anyone logging on here on Oct 17. It'll be awash with desperadoes all claiming to have finished it already and scrutinising every line. I have nothing against good, critical analysis. However, 99.9% of the posters here couldn't critically analyse their own thumb.

Whilst a lot of people come to complain about the negativity here, I think the most depressing thing about this site is realising how stupid and thick and embarrassing most Morrissey fans are...

So, you seem to think yourself superior to 99.9% of the posters on this site; do you have any empirical evidence to support your claim; have you done the research, surveyed anyone? I'm guessing that you do not personally know anyone who posts on this site, which would make your comments ridiculously uninformed and unfair; not to mention, if you wish to attack someone's level of intellect; try avoiding juvenile, unimaginative, and predictable terms, such as 'stupid'. You certainly haven't established yourself as a mental giant or former captain of the debate team. Additionally, since you have such great insight into Morrissey's likes and dislikes, please tell us who you think he would prefer: a person who has admired, respected, and supported his work for decades or someone who consistently posts negative commentary about him on this site?

Basically, what you have stated is that those who come here to share their admiration for Morrissey are all imbeciles; why not go with the cult-member cliche? That hasn't been used in a few hours. People have their own personal attachment to Morrissey's work, and they support him because they choose to do so. Why is it your mission to try to change that? I find it bewildering that there is a small group that feels compelled to tell Morrissey everything that he is doing wrong, a group that labels 'die-hard' fans as having some sick obsession, eventhough that group collectivley dedicates the most time posting on this site; a group that stands behind the shield of "free speech", yet systematically,and often vehemently, attacks any positive comments made here about Morrissey. Maybe that group could start its own"truly disappointed" website for disillusioned Morrissey listeners, because,as previously stated, you are coming to what is allegedly the unofficial fan site, a place where people presume they will be able to converse with others who share a deep affection for the man and his work. Why not spend your time doing something positive and productive?

lynnda

Considering Morrissey clearly doesn't suffer fools gladly, he'd loathe most of these self-proclaimed die-hards. One of the mongs referred to this book as a tomb. He/she was trying to be utterly pretentious and use the word tome, I assume. Then you've got Claypit 2000 who says anyone who can't see that everything Morrissey does is influenced by Wilde, is blind and not a true fan. How wrong can someone be. Her inanity astounds me daily.

I will read the book over Christmas when I have time. I predict I will be groaning rather often (and not in the same way Crystal Geezer will be groaning). Good luck to anyone logging on here on Oct 17. It'll be awash with desperadoes all claiming to have finished it already and scrutinising every line. I have nothing against good, critical analysis. However, 99.9% of the posters here couldn't critically analyse their own thumb.

Whilst a lot of people come to complain about the negativity here, I think the most depressing thing about this site is realising how stupid and thick and embarrassing most Morrissey fans are...

Who is stupid and thick? You obviously weren't around in the 80's, when there was no-one to save your life, but then Morrissey came along and did just that.
All that you ever seem to do is insult people on here. You are so obviously not a fan, so why bother coming here with your diatribe against him, and all his fans?
You have problems that have nothing to do with this site. I suggest you make an appointment with a good psychoanalyst asap.

What if its one page that simply states "The Smiths are reforming" and the rest of the pages are the venues/dates around the world that they will play? One can dream no? :guitar:

And not just the critics either = also the vociferous, mean-spirited few who have turned this place, with davidT's connivance, into an anti-Moz site. I don't think anyone will actually need to read the inevitable slew of comments that will appear on the front page in the hours and days immediately following the book's publication as we can all guess precisely what the usual suspects will say (in fact the usual suspects are probably preparing their sneering diatribes even now, without actually having read the book). And, while we're on the subject of clunky, trudging prose styles, I also predict that Brummie-"I've gone, I'm back, I've gone again, I'm back again"-Boy's tedious, self-admiring verbiage on the subject will actually exceed the word count of book itself.

Obvious troll is obvious. #epicFAIL

Enjoy the "autobiography" of your cult leader/singer/pop star. Whatever.

this is the last post I will ever make...but will I change my mind?

*thinking*

regards.
BB aka: AGM aka WGE aka NR4G aka CMR, etc

Let's save a bit of time later this month. We know that all the responses on here to the autobiography will be one of these:

1) Amazing prose stylist, reminds me why I love Morrissey, he can do no wrong in my eyes.

2) More lies and delusions from a devious, truculent and unreliable narrator. Nauseating prose style. As bad as all the music he's made since Vauxhall & I. Fire Jesse Tobias and get back with Johnny Marr, you sad, fat, talentless old man. God, I hate Morrissey but still I have to keep coming here to publicly say so. He can do no right in my eyes (even though I immediately pre-ordered the book from Amazon and will always secretly buy tickets for the gigs).

3) I haven't read it and don't need to because I've already pre-judged it.

4) I said I'd come back again even though I categorically promised I never would. I have more insight and intelligence than pretty much anyone else on the planet, and yet I fail to realise that my interminable and irrelevant posts are either just skim-read or ignored by everyone here, but I don't care because I love seeing my words on the screen: it makes me feel important.

(NB. Last one applies to BrummieBoy only)

There = it's all been said now.

*yawns, scratches bollocks, smells smegma*

Obvious troll is obvious. #epicFAIL

Enjoy the "autobiography" of your cult leader/singer/pop star. Whatever.

this is the last post I will ever make...but will I change my mind?

*thinking*

THIS IS THE LAST POST "BrummieBoy" EVER MADE ON A SITE HE VISITED TO DEBUNK THE MYTH OF STARDOM AND FAME-WHOREDOM, USING THE HAPLESS "sTEPen Pratryck Mollysee" AS A FOCUS OF ENQUIRY, IN LIEU OF LEONARD COHEN WHOSE MYRMIDONS GUARD HIS CULT AGAINST FORENSIC DECONSTRUCTION, OR DID UNTIL EVENTS ON MOUNT BALDY MADE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO STOP "BrummieBoy" from bringing that alabaster idol with feet of CLAY KERASHING DOWN IN A RING A DING DING OF CORPORATE KERCHING...ETC.

bye folks, u have been serviced by the BrummieBoy B10 Pinky Peaky Blinder Rainbow Laced 2Tone Zulu BCFC Black Sabbaf War-riorz: thanks for playing! and being played...LOLOLOLOLOL!

SRSLY: thanks, we love this site and r grateful to DavidT for the Free Speech zone. take care in the turbulent Collapse ahead, and we hope you die without pain, in a state of grace, with one of Morrissey's sad refrain singing you to sleep. Or to Valhalla. Or heaven.

regards.

BB aka: AGM aka WGE aka NR4G aka CMR, etc

Why would you even have an account on this website if you're not a Morrissey fan? This is a Morrissey fan
site.

You already have a site where you can find a scrupulously even handed, honest critique of all things Morrissey. It's called True To You. The hugely popular forum over there is a reflection of the openness of the man himself.

Morrissey-Solo, I'm sorry to to tell you, has now become just a bastion of free speech and independent thinking, so I'm not surprised those in the bunker with the Führer loathe it.

Someday, someone, will make you think "all my life has been leading me to you".

Honey, that's sweet. Although that's more like what a very persistent tax inspector might say to Morrissey...
(It might still sound quite romantic...You never know...With the right haircut...)

Re: Article: "Autobiography" by Morrissey - Oct 17, 2013; press release

Perhaps the cover design & layout is a reference to the Oscar Wilde quote ~ "A man's face is his autobiography".

http://www.theonion.com/articles/why-do-all-these-homosexuals-keep-sucking-my-cock,11150/

Funnily enough, I always took that picture to be some sort of homage to Warhol's "Blow Job" movie... but maybe that's just me.

Back
Top Bottom