"List of the Lost" audiobook CD - release date changed to June 30, 2016 on Amazon.co.uk

bowie waves his hand and record contracts rain down on him. moz cant beg borrow or steal a single offer.
over an aynim they are calling jesse and gustavo 'gods', neither would qualify as bowie roadies.
its quite the contrast im afraid.

we'll let you know about that.

The irony of accusing someone of being 'poor' and not having a good job while claiming to be a Morrissey fan is striking given that some of his best work celebrates those who you are attempting to denigrate. You might recall such classic lines as "in the days when you were hopelessly poor, I just liked you more" and "if you must go to work tomorrow... Well, if I were you I really wouldn't bother." We all know he likes his luxurious lifestyle but I've yet to hear him glamorize that in a song. And if Morrissey hadn't found his way into the Smiths, "Oh, but he did!" what sort of manure do you reckon he'd be shoveling in his job at the zoo?

none of that is necessarily describing what you claim though. in ask the person doing the judging could be envious of someones success ( wasnt he supposed to be quoting some fan letters there) and have a bias towards the wealthy thats not deserved. in the line about work he could just be talking about the way common workers were treated saying it was mostly pointless for most people as they wouldnt make much for there effort and not about having and being proud of a career that you dont have to be a horrible person to get. if morrissey hadnt found his way into the smiths by johnny comming and asking him to please be the singer since he was already a persobnality he could have easily been a journalist, writer of any sort fiction or no, film actor with some training which i doubt hed be opposed to etc. i dont think he needed the smiths to become something and seemed well on his way and very driven despite the false myth of him being some recluse. johnny would i think have founded a much more traditional band and had some success there as well.

just want to add that i dont agree with whom you directed your response to but that what you were claiming isnt really as clear as you made it out to be

it hilarious the bit about moz suffering and living sooooo many lives when in fact hes a shut in who hardly wanders outdoors from his plush five star hotels, oftentimes only to buy a feminism book. i suppose you could argue that staying in a croatian 4 star hotel with no indoor plumbing constitutes suffering, but only marginally so.

Re: "List of the Lost" audiobook CD - release date changed to June 30, 2016 on Amazon.co.uk

:thumb:

- - - Updated - - -

NO ! hahaha ! ...;)

How do you feel about Mike Joyce?

none of that is necessarily describing what you claim though. in ask the person doing the judging could be envious of someones success ( wasnt he supposed to be quoting some fan letters there) and have a bias towards the wealthy thats not deserved. in the line about work he could just be talking about the way common workers were treated saying it was mostly pointless for most people as they wouldnt make much for there effort and not about having and being proud of a career that you dont have to be a horrible person to get. if morrissey hadnt found his way into the smiths by johnny comming and asking him to please be the singer since he was already a persobnality he could have easily been a journalist, writer of any sort fiction or no, film actor with some training which i doubt hed be opposed to etc. i dont think he needed the smiths to become something and seemed well on his way and very driven despite the false myth of him being some recluse. johnny would i think have founded a much more traditional band and had some success there as well.

just want to add that i dont agree with whom you directed your response to but that what you were claiming isnt really as clear as you made it out to be

A poor man who is ungrateful, unthrifty, discontented, and rebellious, is probably a real personality, and has much in him. So, Morrissey is majestic artist.

it hilarious the bit about moz suffering and living sooooo many lives when in fact hes a shut in who hardly wanders outdoors from his plush five star hotels, oftentimes only to buy a feminism book. i suppose you could argue that staying in a croatian 4 star hotel with no indoor plumbing constitutes suffering, but only marginally so.

Well, Jake was very satisfied with hotel in Šibenik.
https://instagram.com/p/57pzW8wgnp/

Last edited:
He was an icon. He's destroyed that once well deserved reputation himself.

I wander past occasionally these days just to confirm he's peddling the same sixth form political idiocy and trying to flog overpriced tickets for a dog and pony show that has barely changed in years, except to get worse.

In other news, David Bowie has a new album out in January. Now there's a star.

Spot on !
Once again J B is bang on the money.
He destroyed himself good and proper, nothing to do with record company execs and suites.
Just look at it from the outside in for once ! It's very big sad mess if we can be honest about it.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I am glad i was right! :)

With the greatest pleasure.

tea.jpg

Re: "List of the Lost" audiobook CD - release date changed to June 30, 2016 on Amazon.co.uk

How do you feel about Mike Joyce?

One’s regret is that society should be constructed on such a basis that man has been forced into a groove in which he cannot freely develop what is wonderful, and fascinating, and delightful in him – in which, in fact, he misses the true pleasure and joy of living. He is also, under existing conditions, very insecure. An enormously wealthy merchant may be – often is – at every moment of his life at the mercy of things that are not under his control. If the wind blows an extra point or so, or the weather suddenly changes, or some trivial thing happens, his ship may go down, his speculations may go wrong, and he finds himself a poor man, with his social position quite gone. Now, nothing should be able to harm a man except himself.

He was an icon. He's destroyed that once well deserved reputation himself.

I wander past occasionally these days just to confirm he's peddling the same sixth form political idiocy and trying to flog overpriced tickets for a dog and pony show that has barely changed in years, except to get worse.

In other news, David Bowie has a new album out in January. Now there's a star.

Bowie? Star?
The public has always, and in every age, been badly brought up. They are continually asking Art to be popular, to please their want of taste, to flatter their absurd vanity, to tell them what they have been told before, to show them what they ought to be tired of seeing, to amuse them when they feel heavy after eating too much, and to distract their thoughts when they are wearied of their own stupidity. Now Art should never try to be popular. In England, the arts that have escaped best are the arts in which the public take no interest. Poetry is an instance of what I mean. We have been able to have fine poetry in England because the public do not read it, and consequently do not influence it. The public like to insult poets because they are individual, but once they have insulted them, they leave them alone.

Now Art should never try to be popular.

How ironic is, then, that it's Morrissey who is obsessed with all sort of charts while Bowie just dropped his latest album out of nothing, with exactly zero self-promotion. No interviews, no public performace. Definitely not talking out of his arse about politics.

How ironic is, then, that it's Morrissey who is obsessed with all sort of charts while Bowie just dropped his latest album out of nothing, with exactly zero self-promotion. No interviews, no public performace. Definitely not talking out of his arse about politics.

It was massive media propaganda machine behind showie-bowie considering last album, massive. They build grand passive-aggressive hype for dull, dull, dull album.
Morrissey? Even his record label act as Iscariot.
Bowie don't talk (arse talk) about politics? Ha, ha. Do you remember https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezaV5zt8bKs

Last edited:
Bowie? Star?
The public has always, and in every age, been badly brought up. They are continually asking Art to be popular, to please their want of taste, to flatter their absurd vanity, to tell them what they have been told before, to show them what they ought to be tired of seeing, to amuse them when they feel heavy after eating too much, and to distract their thoughts when they are wearied of their own stupidity. Now Art should never try to be popular. In England, the arts that have escaped best are the arts in which the public take no interest. Poetry is an instance of what I mean. We have been able to have fine poetry in England because the public do not read it, and consequently do not influence it. The public like to insult poets because they are individual, but once they have insulted them, they leave them alone.

Are you honestly trying to suggest that Morrissey does not want to be "popular"? Check out these postings on the True to You website archive, which has we know are either written By Morrissey or have to be cleared by him prior to being put on the site.

19 July 2015. Morrissey San Diego dates are sold out. Both dates in San Diego sold out instantly.

30 January 2015. Morrissey's 2013 Autobiography remained in Penguin Books' top ten best-sellers list for 2014.

20 July 2014. UK chart position. Morrissey's World Peace is None of Your Business is the highest UK chart entry this week at number 2.

14 July 2014.Day One. First day sales for World Peace is None of Your Business show the following chart positions:

Number One: Argentina, Chile, Peru.

Number Two: Brazil, Denmark, Greece.

Number Five: Israel, Spain, Sweden.

Number Six: Hungary, Italy, Turkey, Norway.

Number Eight: Luxembourg, Portugal, Poland.

Number Ten: Belgium.

Number Eleven: Ireland.

18 September 2014. Introducing Morrissey DVD UK and US chart positions. The Introducing Morrissey DVD has entered at #2 (highest entry) in the UK Music Video Chart, and has entered at #14 in the US Music Video Chart.

15 July 2014

UK chart position / day one

Morrissey is #2 in the UK with World Peace Is None Of Your Business. He is just over one thousand sales behind Ed Sheeran who is clinging on to the number one position.
Please support Morrissey by purchasing World Peace Is None Of Your Business in the next few days in an effort to oust Ed Sheeran. Thank you.

11 July 2014. Morrissey's World Peace is None Of Your Business is available in the UK on Monday (July 14) as standard CD, deluxe CD and also LP. Morrissey's strongest competition for a high UK chart entry is Ed Sheeran.
Chart return shops in the UK are HMV, Tesco, Morrisons and Asda, sales from which all contribute to chart positions.

My thoughts exactly. Went over to have a look at AYNIM the other day. I'd never heard of it before, but @Detritus kindly pointed the site out to me. I noticed two things -- the traffic over there is quite slow, and it is far too happy-happy. Not for me, then. Even if a lot of the gushers and haters bore me equally, this site is the best for the factual stuff I need -- tours, releases, set lists. Some of the gossip, perhaps. And the 5-10 reasonable people posting on here who keep me from despairing about Morrissey fans.

I gathered it would not be your cuppa, as you seem much too sensible and your own person. By the by, you may have also noticed that the news sections pales in comparison and is often cribbed from hither - not to mention the inferior layout with an oh-so-familiar-if-obnoxiously-darker color scheme.

i think vegan cro may the first moz clone.

Possibly. If so, there were unforeseen birth defects. Or perhaps Vegan.Cro-Magnon was merely dropped on its head. It gets mixed up rather easily, what with all the reflexive and desperate proclamations that List of the Lost is a "brilliant book," etc. etc.

if morrissey hadnt found his way into the smiths by johnny comming and asking him to please be the singer since he was already a persobnality he could have easily been a journalist, writer of any sort fiction or no, film actor with some training which i doubt hed be opposed to etc. i dont think he needed the smiths to become something and seemed well on his way and very driven despite the false myth of him being some recluse. johnny would i think have founded a much more traditional band and had some success there as well.

Morrissey has said more than once that Johnny rescued him from a slough of despond. Even in Autobiography he implied he was going nowhere at the time. He indeed seemed "well on his way": to Obscurity. Can it really be a "false myth" if the person it concerns has more or less confirmed what has been written? Further, Johnny didn't go to Morrissey's house "asking him to please be the singer." He wanted to start a songwriting partnership a la Lieber and Stoller. Creating a band and having Morrissey be the singer was, at best, a secondary goal.

"Are you honestly trying to suggest that Morrissey does not want to be "popular"? Check out these postings on the True to You website archive, which has we know are either written By Morrissey or have to be cleared by him prior to being put on the site."

Put it into perspective. There is negative media agenda in general against him, and he just, with arguments (facts), proves that agenda is negative with deliberate purpose.

Are you honestly trying to suggest that Morrissey does not want to be "popular"? Check out

15 July 2014

UK chart position / day one

Morrissey is #2 in the UK with World Peace Is None Of Your Business. He is just over one thousand sales behind Ed Sheeran who is clinging on to the number one position.
Please support Morrissey by purchasing World Peace Is None Of Your Business in the next few days in an effort to oust Ed Sheeran. Thank you.

11 July 2014. Morrissey's World Peace is None Of Your Business is available in the UK on Monday (July 14) as standard CD, deluxe CD and also LP. Morrissey's strongest competition for a high UK chart entry is Ed Sheeran.
Chart return shops in the UK are HMV, Tesco, Morrisons and Asda, sales from which all contribute to chart positions.

My god Morrissey is pathetic........I feel sad for him actually.

Btw to everyone bashing the free speech right on this site. I would have a million m-solos spewing everything than one allyouneedismorrissey churning out stomach turning sickly sweet delusional morissey-backslapping. Honestly i dont know how Davidt handles all the crap from posters and moz himself

you may have also noticed that the news sections pales in comparison and is often cribbed from hither - not to mention the inferior layout with an oh-so-familiar-if-obnoxiously-darker color scheme.

Totally agree with you about allyouneedismorrissey but i have to say this sounded so snobby it actually turned me on a bit :lbf: i do love the pretentious

Back
Top Bottom