New Morrissey interview in TT Kultur / DN.se, Hallandsposten (Swedish)

Re: New Interview

His views on Sweden are very old and date back to when Sweden did not have problems like we do now. It is a tourists view on a country he knows very little about. The changes in recent years have been dramatic. But he ignores politics so what does he know?

I was adding my thoughts to Chickpea's post - a reply to her. She doesn't know that story. I wasn't even talking to you. Obsession with control and compulsion to restrict? Well, it's too bad you don't know her. You could learn a thing or two...

By the by...don't call me "dear", Granny.

I misread your post. Thought you were replying to me. Yesterday was insane at work. Learn a thing or two from your friend? I think I understand her mindset very well. Granny? We are in the same age range dear. And I don't have grandchildren.

Last edited:
I just sat in a line of cars blocks long,(45 min) waiting to pick up a six year old from school. I was the only one with engine turned off and the windows down. No excuse for those pussies, it was cool and breezy.

Some people get their ass on their shoulders every time Morrissey is interviewed or makes a statement on TTY. Morrissey's got an opinion, they've got an opinion and I've got an opinion. Nature doesn't have an opinion, it just is. It's just waiting there. Waiting to be understood by all of us.

"...you fail as a woman and you lose as a man...We do what we can.....and earth is the cruelest place you will never understand." He's an artist and an existential hero. One of the best.

That is exactly what I feel about him. So true. Many of the subjects and feelings he sings about are at first sight very personel and have to do with him as an individual but at the same time they are universal because they just are. I know this sounds like some kind of tautologistic argument but for instance so many people can relate to a line like "day after day you say "one day, one day". Or: "time after time you say "next time, next time".
From Earth is the Loneliest Planet. And there are so many more examples.
Gerrit

Its easy Bowie wont speak to him, he loves Bowie so he goes from trying to patch things up to getting frustrated and calling him names.
The piss fart moz die hards don't get it, as they don't get Mozza, they make themselves look stupid copying and hating Bowie
Morrissey doesn't even exist in Bowies world, its one way traffic. Tony, Kristeen and Bowie all laugh about Mozza for Tony and Kristeen he was just a meal ticket for Bowie he's just another famous fan

Apart from the fact that Bowie stated that Moz was one of the greatest post-war British lyricists and has never retracted that opinion. You don't cover someone's song without believing that. And besides, anyone close to db/TV will tell you you're talking crap. Both of them consider him to be a great artist, but find him "personally frustrating".

And that's leaving aside the endless former associates who would queue up to tell you what a prick Bowie is... but however people act in their personal dealings doesn't detract from their artistic achievements.

That is exactly what I feel about him. So true. Many of the subjects and feelings he sings about are at first sight very personel and have to do with him as an individual but at the same time they are universal because they just are. I know this sounds like some kind of tautologistic argument but for instance so many people can relate to a line like "day after day you say "one day, one day". Or: "time after time you say "next time, next time".
From Earth is the Loneliest Planet. And there are so many more examples.
Gerrit

Very good Gerrit. He's better than many of his so-called fans here will admit. You're right, there are many more examples....

Morrissey likes to throw in "jogging" references when he is interviewed. Don't know why.

I know Johnny Marr is an avid runner now, giving up cigs. I almost ran over him on PCH in Malibu. while he was out jogging before a nice spaghetti dinner at Morrissey and Nancy's house.

I misread your post. Thought you were replying to me. Yesterday was insane at work.

That's a sorry excuse. What you said was still riddled with sarcasm and venom. Just a bitchy thing to say. "Better vegan than dead"? We did almost lose her, you stupid tart.

Learn a thing or two from your friend? I think I understand her mindset very well.

Yeah, yeah...we all know. You've been there. Done that. What I meant was you could learn a thing or two about compassion and understanding. But, please...do continue feeding your inner monster and hurting people for shits and giggles. Enjoy yourself. After all, it's just online good fun, right? You disgust me.

Granny? We are in the same age range dear. And I don't have grandchildren.

Oh, brother. :rolleyes:

Just...put me back on ignore or something. No, no. Never mind. I'll just ignore you.

Apart from the fact that Bowie stated that Moz was one of the greatest post-war British lyricists and has never retracted that opinion. You don't cover someone's song without believing that. And besides, anyone close to db/TV will tell you you're talking crap. Both of them consider him to be a great artist, but find him "personally frustrating".

And that's leaving aside the endless former associates who would queue up to tell you what a prick Bowie is... but however people act in their personal dealings doesn't detract from their artistic achievements.

David Bowies 'Station To Station' , playing very loud on a car stereo, driving through the night, way back in time, made me realise, I was stronger than I thought, braver than I imagined, smarter than I seemed. Life saving, moment for me. Never forgotten it.

That's a sorry excuse. What you said was still riddled with sarcasm and venom. Just a bitchy thing to say. "Better vegan than dead"? We did almost lose her, you stupid tart.

Yeah, yeah...we all know. You've been there. Done that. What I meant was you could learn a thing or two about compassion and understanding. But, please...do continue feeding your inner monster and hurting people for shits and giggles. Enjoy yourself. After all, it's just online good fun, right? You disgust me.

Oh, brother. :rolleyes:

Just...put me back on ignore or something. No, no. Never mind. I'll just ignore you.
She can't help it. This is just an aspect of her layered personality.

David Bowies 'Station To Station' , playing very loud on a car stereo, driving through the night, way back in time, made me realise, I was stronger than I thought, braver than I imagined, smarter than I seemed. Life saving, moment for me. Never forgotten it.

ive had a few of those moments in my life and treasure them. cool to see others do as well. i had one with suede that forever shaped my life

That's a sorry excuse. What you said was still riddled with sarcasm and venom. Just a bitchy thing to say. "Better vegan than dead"?

It was not an excuse. I sought to explain that I was not focused yesterday and thought that post was a reply to mine.

We did almost lose her, you stupid tart.
And you didn't. Because she switched from restricting calories and fat to restricting meat and dairy. It is all about control and restricting. I think I do understand her mindset better than you could. Perhaps you could learn something from her: willpower.

- - - Updated - - -

She can't help it. This is just an aspect of her layered personality.

Go dig yourself a grave and jump in it.

It's oh so easy to read these comments and come to the conclusion that he does not have, or has not had, cancer.

People need to consider that he is a very private person. Also, after the initial media coverage gained from the interview in which cancer was mentioned, every Euro rag wants the scoop, they're bound to try and glean the ins and outs. He obviously just doesn't want to give Linus Brännström the exclusive rights to the crux of the story.

It's oh so easy to read these comments and come to the conclusion that he does not have, or has not had, cancer.

People need to consider that he is a very private person. Also, after the initial media coverage gained from the interview in which cancer was mentioned, every Euro rag wants the scoop, they're bound to try and glean the ins and outs. He obviously just doesn't want to give Linus Brännström the exclusive rights to the crux of the story.

"He is a very private person" who was happy to put the information in the public domain.. Who else did it?

P.

That's true. All true.
And remember, no one is perfect.

Thanks for that information Doctor Nick.

Yes, well put. Doctor Nick obviously does not know the most basic of information about medical process. For example,
one may have a mole removed. This is usually in whole not in part.

There is a big difference between that process and an endoscopy. And biopsy taken via that process.

Endoscopies are nothing to do with moles, skin abrasions or skin cancer. Surely, anyone with half a brain knows that Doctor Nick?

Yours,

Doctor No.

Morrissey likes to throw in "jogging" references when he is interviewed. Don't know why.

I know Johnny Marr is an avid runner now, giving up cigs. I almost ran over him on PCH in Malibu. while he was out jogging before a nice spaghetti dinner at Morrissey and Nancy's house.

Now there is the type of AC comment I always look forward to reading. It's got everything: Malibu beach house, Nancy Sinatra, and pasta, and somehow still somewhat on topic.

Yes, well put. Doctor Nick obviously does not know the most basic of information about medical process. For example,
one may have a mole removed. This is usually in whole not in part.

There is a big difference between that process and an endoscopy. And biopsy taken via that process.

Endoscopies are nothing to do with moles, skin abrasions or skin cancer. Surely, anyone with half a brain knows that Doctor Nick?

Yours,

Doctor No.

I'm sure Morrissey had an endoscopy to diagnose the ulcer and Barrett's.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom