Morrissey Central "'It's Over' is number 1" (January 6, 2020)

Morrissey Central: Mozza Reaches No 1

It's Over got to number 1 on vinyl charts. From Morrissey Central:

"Official UK Vinyl Charts has Morrissey's "It's Over" single at number 1. Morrissey is reportedly "delighted and thankful beyond words.""

20200106_152420_rlezcg.jpg

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/it-s-over-is-number-1

Last edited by a moderator:
One day he is "heartbroken", next day he is "delighted and thankful beyond words" because of this single. Always drama, baby!

I wish there was a grain of reality and some balance on his part re: the vinyl 7" chart.

Last year, You Have Killed Me reentered the vinyl chart at #15 and stayed for 7 days (Aug 31-Sep 6) - based on perhaps less than 10 copies of an old record being sold. If you sell 50 copies of a record - you can chart next week.
Gone are the days of 10,000+ sales.
I can't see any kudos to be had in selling (optimistically) less than 1500 copies of a botch-released 7" - if they had released everything on the 24th, then it may have even made the top 40 singles chart rather than vinyl 7's. Of course, that won't be anything to do with him though will it!?
Nothing to be particularly celebrated really.
The resurgence in vinyl is strongest for albums. The use of 7" has actually reduced and HMV stated they were getting 'less and less'. RSD, novelty and the such do sell, but around 5/6k max depending on rareity (cassettes are doing the same now).
The previous singles did better as they had a more cohesive release plan.
If BMG are overseeing reissues at some point, they might want to keep him happy for a bit longer and that should include a release date for all of a 7" product run and not a percentage.
Expect it to chart again at the end of the month!
Regards,
FWD.

Does he care? Or is it just a trope he uses to avoid ever having to say anything about his actual life?

I think I heard him sounding aghast once that Elton John would put his real business out in public.

I can't see any kudos to be had in selling (optimistically) less than 1500 copies of a botch-released 7" - if they had released everything on the 24th, then it may have even made the top 40 singles chart rather than vinyl 7's. Of course, that won't be anything to do with him though will it!?
Nothing to be particularly celebrated really.

The perks of being a nice friendly mod. You can get away with spitting straight truths like this without getting lynched. If anyone else said that, they’d be trolled by thewlis and his mob ;)

HARK????:bowing:

WHAT DID I HEAR???:ear::handpointleft:

THE MOZ SINGLE HIT NUMERO ONE UNO JEDAN EINER BIR
אחד:tiphat:

:moneybag::moneybag::eyes:

DID THE DUMB LEPEW 'SINGLES BOX' MAKE NO 1 BILLION? NO:lbf:

The perks of being a nice friendly mod. You can get away with spitting straight truths like this without getting lynched. If anyone else said that, they’d be trolled by thewlis and his mob ;)
To be fair, it was more a reflection on how that particular chart isn't of much worth in the great scheme of things these days and applies equally to any artist relying on some 7" sales as a form of validation.
I don't feel too drawn in to the polarised, must be 'for or against' arguments.
Opinions are usually meant to be drawn from facts and will tend to encompass positive and negative views.
I don't think in my 38 years of following Morrissey's music that I've done so blindly in total agreement.
The positive that was lurking in my previous comment: things could be a lot better (re: charts) if there was only some consistency.
Regards,
FWD.

Box sets aren’t eligible for the singles chart you simple c***, you are one f***ing thick bastard.

its a box of singles you dumb cuck.doh:
one Moz single easily outsells all :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: stupid singles put together. Put them all together and they still wont hit no one billion:lbf: now go back to your 'relationships' FFS

what disgrace to music, this LePew.

EAT IT UP LOSER HATE TROLLS!!!:lbf:

MOZ AT JEDAN!!!!:thumb:

:lbf:

WHILE LEPEW AND ALAINT AND ALL THE LOSER TWATS ARE NO WHERE TO BE SEEN ON THE CHARTS!!:lbf:

:rock:

mmm really, Last Christmas was number 3 in the real chart whereas Morrissey wasn’t in the top 100.

WTF????:straightface:

is this cuck mentally deficient?:crazy:

MOZ is a VINYL SINGLE thus its ON THE VINYL CHARTS:thumb:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom