Morrissey interview in Vegan Logic

• Thread starter Roberto Ferdenzi
  • Start date
Are you kidding? Have you seen how much people love to piss n' moan here about cancellations? Knowledge about CFS would't do shit.

Especially considering how many people believe conditions like CFS aren't actually real and that he could just get all better if only he ate more kale—or, depending on which genius is giving their medical advice, if only he ate a hamburger.

Unless you are or know someone who suffers from, say, multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, chronic Lyme disease, lupus or chronic fatigue syndrome, it's very hard to understand how debilitating it can be and how limited the world of medicine is when it comes to treating these illnesses. A lot of these conditions often come with a side order of depression, and when you then introduce a virus or infection to the mix, it's virtually impossible to function normally.

Especially considering how many people believe conditions like CFS aren't actually real and that he could just get all better if only he ate more kale—or, depending on which genius is giving their medical advice, if only he ate a hamburger.

Unless you are or know someone who suffers from, say, multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, chronic Lyme disease, lupus or chronic fatigue syndrome, it's very hard to understand how debilitating it can be and how limited the world of medicine is when it comes to treating these illnesses. A lot of these conditions often come with a side order of depression, and when you then introduce a virus or infection to the mix, it's virtually impossible to function normally.

LOL! CFS and "say multiple sclerosis" aren't the same thing. MS is a real illness. CFS is a fantasy illness.

Morrissey is using CFS as an excuse. You are just to blind to see that. Expect a lot of cancellations this upcoming tour. I've heard CFS flares up if venues aren't sold out. The human body works in mysterious ways...

LOL! CFS and "say multiple sclerosis" aren't the same thing. MS is a real illness. CFS is a fantasy illness.

Morrissey is using CFS as an excuse. You are just to blind to see that. Expect a lot of cancellations this upcoming tour. I've heard CFS flares up if venues aren't sold out. The human body works in mysterious ways...

Why are you so firm in your conviction that CFS is a fantasy illness?
I'm intrigued. You must have mounds of evidence to support your claim.

You are entirely wrong about CFS, whether you like it or not. I doubt you give a shit, but if you care to actually learn something, you can start with the CDC.

And do you have any idea how often people with MS are told what they have isn't "real," and that all they need to do is get a little more sleep and stop complaining? Ask me, I can tell you firsthand. (Spoiler: The answer is "all the f***ing time.")

Why are you so firm in your conviction that CFS is a fantasy illness?
I'm intrigued. You must have mounds of evidence to support your claim.

I'm sorry. Can't answer right now. My restless legs syndrome is acting up. Must walk it of. Hahahaha.

Re: Vegan Logic interview

That a person isn't defined by their homosexuality is a bit rich coming from a person who only ever referenced gay people or those associated with the "homosexual cause" as they call it themselves. Even the hearing aid was a reference to gay person
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/12988-What-s-with-the-whole-quot-hearing-aid-quot-thing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnnie_Ray

Homosexual, homosexual, homosexual, homosexual... and if it doesn't fit, they are made homosexual.
Like that model who was seen with the mini singer. She is of course homosexual, because she kissed a woman, like Madonna, Katie Perry, and let's not forget the Foo Fighters and James who wore women clothes, James even eating a banana on top of it, that homosexual band and numerous other musicians and actors who were forced doing the kissing game to further the "homosexual cause". A person is so little defined by their homosexuality that homosexuals demand a quota for homosexuals, and as we can clearly see, there already is one in the media. A homosexual person can come up with any bullshit, talk total meaningless nonensense, but will nevertheless suported to death, because, you know, very special people, huuuuuuhhhhh, not defined by their homosexuality, of course not.

Yes, he has changed his tone. Since it was mentioned that homosexuals demand compassion from others and show none, they are the first to literally destroy other people. And that Nancy face surgery Sinatra was very rude to people on Twitter, then thanked them for their civility, when she had just shown none.

I think what he should have said was that people are not SOLELY defined by their sexual orientation--homosexual, heterosexual, bisexual, etc. It is just one aspect of identity. Many other things contribute to how we both define ourselves as individuals and how we are seen by others. Gender, sex, occupation, parental status, age, nationality, ethnicity, religion, etc. also contribute to identity formation.

Moz dismissing the categories of sexual orientation altogether as if they are irrelevant, is careless. They do matter. They matter to the individuals themselves.

I wouldn't bother wasting your energy replying, he's an immovable object when it comes to this subject it seems.

What a thoughtful interview. When he's not being flip or belligerent, Morrissey can make quite a bit of sense. I disagree with much of what he has to say, but he's spot-on elsewhere.

As someone who has spent much of her life (peacefully) marching and protesting, I can personally attest to the fact that the police are overwhelmingly the instigators of violence. As Morrissey says: the narrative of "violent protestors" makes for much better headlines (and is better for the authorities) than the underlying political story. I've seen it happen numerous times: the order is given, the police rush a peaceful gathering, and chaos ensues. It used to be horses and nightsticks, but now it's so much worse.

In the US the local police have been heavily militarized, and there's little hope of taking away their armored personnel carriers, night-vision equipment, assault weapons and flash-bang grenades (one of which was flung into a one-year-old baby's crib a few years ago during a "routine" drug raid, critically injuring him). During that same raid, the baby's 26-year-old mother was mowed down when the police broke down her door and immediately opened fire. All this violence and death because her boyfriend was suspected of dealing drugs. Oh, and the victims were not white. Of course the officers were found not guilty on all charges.

In another raid (just a few months ago), another flash-bang grenade was thrown into the crib of another baby (this time 19 months old), blowing a hole in his chest. He had to be put into a medically-induced coma. The cops knew there were children present (there were toys everywhere), but no care was taken. The child's uncle (again a relative, suspected of drug-dealing) wasn't even present. It's absolutely outrageous.

Morrissey has been complaining of a US police state for years, and I used to roll my eyes. It's true now: the police are as heavily armed as the military, and there's no way that they'll ever give up those weapons (all those profits - of course - go to military contractors). Combine that with overt, institutional racism and inadequate training, and you've got an ongoing tragedy on your hands.

"I’m not going to ask you anything about the Harvest drama because you already explained it perfectly. "

The interview then turns into a huge beating stick with witch he continually thumps Harvest Records, democratic society, voting, the United Kingdumb oh yes don't forget to (YAAAWWWWWWWN) thump the Royal family.
Basically the boring bastard interviewed himself in the mirror, either that or the person interviewing was handed the Qs prior to the interview.
Very Saville esque I thought.

Benny-the-British-Butcher
Benny-the-British-Butcher do you know where Morrissey is living these days? Such as LA, Switzerland, Rome, Ireland or the UK? Do you know what fancy hotels he stays in?

What a thoughtful interview. When he's not being flip or belligerent, Morrissey can make quite a bit of sense. I disagree with much of what he has to say, but he's spot-on elsewhere.

As someone who has spent much of her life (peacefully) marching and protesting, I can personally attest to the fact that the police are overwhelmingly the instigators of violence. As Morrissey says: the narrative of "violent protestors" makes for much better headlines (and is better for the authorities) than the underlying political story. I've seen it happen numerous times: the order is given, the police rush a peaceful gathering, and chaos ensues. It used to be horses and nightsticks, but now it's so much worse.

In the US the local police have been heavily militarized, and there's little hope of taking away their armored personnel carriers, night-vision equipment, assault weapons and flash-bang grenades (one of which was flung into a one-year-old baby's crib a few years ago during a "routine" drug raid, critically injuring him). During that same raid, the baby's 26-year-old mother was mowed down when the police broke down her door and immediately opened fire. All this violence and death because her boyfriend was suspected of dealing drugs. Oh, and the victims were not white. Of course the officers were found not guilty on all charges.

In another raid (just a few months ago), another flash-bang grenade was thrown into the crib of another baby (this time 19 months old), blowing a hole in his chest. He had to be put into a medically-induced coma. The cops knew there were children present (there were toys everywhere), but no care was taken. The child's uncle (again a relative, suspected of drug-dealing) wasn't even present. It's absolutely outrageous.

Morrissey has been complaining of a US police state for years, and I used to roll my eyes. It's true now: the police are as heavily armed as the military, and there's no way that they'll ever give up those weapons (all those profits - of course - go to military contractors). Combine that with overt, institutional racism and inadequate training, and you've got an ongoing tragedy on your hands.

It's not "the police" all the time though is it ? You have that Dog the bounty hunter and his crew running riot all tooled up and spraying pepper shit like it's going out of fashion.

Benny-the-British-Butcher do you know where Morrissey is living these days? Such as LA, Switzerland, Rome, Ireland or the UK? Do you know what fancy hotels he stays in?

Hi Steven
I know you not in Poland !
Ha ha ! XX

Re: Vegan Logic interview

I think what he should have said was that people are not SOLELY defined by their sexual orientation--homosexual, heterosexual, bisexual, etc. It is just one aspect of identity. Many other things contribute to how we both define ourselves as individuals and how we are seen by others. Gender, sex, occupation, parental status, age, nationality, ethnicity, religion, etc. also contribute to identity formation.

Moz dismissing the categories of sexual orientation altogether as if they are irrelevant, is careless. They do matter. They matter to the individuals themselves.

I've heard he's open about his sexuality in private, amongst his family and friends. In public he just comes across as a self-hating gay man who just can't come to terms with his sexuality.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom