Morrissey interview in Vegan Logic

• Thread starter Roberto Ferdenzi
  • Start date
Morrissey has been complaining of a US police state for years, and I used to roll my eyes. It's true now: the police are as heavily armed as the military, and there's no way that they'll ever give up those weapons (all those profits - of course - go to military contractors). Combine that with overt, institutional racism and inadequate training, and you've got an ongoing tragedy on your hands.

All true. It is mind-boggling that more people do not see it for what it is. I have had my share of run-ins with the law. It's a no-win situation, no matter how minor or negligible the alleged infraction may be. I keep my head down and keep a low profile these days. But I just drove down the street (9:30pm on a Saturday night) to get some beer at the gas station, and the cops were driving around like sharks. Their tactics have not prevented the times my home has been broken into or my car stereo was stolen. But they sure do a good job instilling that fear in me of being a potentially criminalized person.

The bureaucrats are our alleged representatives. Orders filter down to the minions of police and militia. But all I see is a pervasive dogma of control, conform and dominate. It is just ugly business. Nobody wants a lawless town. But nobody asked for an oppressive entity with their eyes singularly focused on the people as fish bait.

A guy got double-tasered by two local law enforcement a few days ago. He didn't have current licence plates and was allegedly "resisting arrest", although unarmed. Now he's dead. He went into cardiac arrest and died on the scene.

Malkmus said something along the lines of what Moz said.

Last edited by a moderator:
All true. It is mind-boggling that more people do not see it for what it is. I have had my share of run-ins with the law. It's a no-win situation, no matter how minor or negligible the alleged infraction may be. I keep my head down and keep a low profile these days. But I just drove down the street (9:30pm on a Saturday night) to get some beer at the gas station, and the cops were driving around like sharks. Their tactics have not prevented the times my home has been broken into or my car stereo was stolen. But they sure do a good job instilling that fear in me of being a potentially criminalized person.

The bureaucrats are our alleged representatives. Orders filter down to the minions of police and militia. But all I see is a pervasive dogma of control, conform and dominate. It is just ugly business. Nobody wants a lawless town. But nobody asked for an oppressive entity with their eyes singularly focused on the people as fish bait.

A guy got double-tasered by two local law enforcement a few days ago. He didn't have current licence plates and was allegedly "resisting arrest", although unarmed. Now he's dead. He went into cardiac arrest and died on the scene.

I was listening to Ganglord yesterday and thought how well it would fit on WPINOYB.

He's 100% wrong about not voting. Not voting lets in well-drilled goons like UKIP.

P.

Well Morrissey is notoriously a fan of UKIP and Farage. :brows:

Like someone else said, can't believe a vegan website didn't call him out on his hypocrisy over exploiting and killing animals for his dairy products etc.

Like someone else said, can't believe a vegan website didn't call him out on his hypocrisy over exploiting and killing animals for his dairy products etc.

Because he wrote the questions! He have up eggs, he can afford whole foods and a chef. He has no reason not to go vegan.

The website can't call him out. The blogger who owns the website and conducted the interview could have. But her blinders prevented her from seeing the hypocrisy.

Ten Dead As Lift Plunges 32 Floors In Istanbul
Police use tear gas on protesters angry at employee safety in Turkey following the second major workplace tragedy in four months.

Oh dear !!!!!!!

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Ten people have died after a lift plunged 32 floors at a building site in Istanbul - prompting violent demonstrations in the city.

Eight people were detained after the deaths at the Torunlar Centre site on Saturday - though all were released after questioning.

More than 1,000 people angry at worker safety records in the country took to the streets on Sunday.

Riot police used tear gas and water cannon against the crowd as skirmishes broke out.

Well well Mr Morrissey !

I am not Moz. It was a serious question where does Morrissey live and where does he stay? Like which fancy hotels?

Pointless really ! If you wish to see/meet silly Steven buy a ticket for his lottery tour and join the silly "line brigade" a week prior.
Good luck and let us know how you go on

Pointless really ! If you wish to see/meet silly Steven buy a ticket for his lottery tour and join the silly "line brigade" a week prior.

I am not interested in meeting Mr. Steven. I just want to know where he is currently living or staying. Lottery tour LOL what is a lottery tour? What is the line brigade? You seem to know a lot about Silly Steven LOL.

"You will never hear a news report say how “the police shot at the people”, yet you will always hear “the police shot at demonstrators” – as if demonstrators are not really people. "

The police are people too, no?

Agree with this 100%

"I love cities where the people are on the streets because I feel less alone. If you are seen on the streets in England you must always account for why you are outside – I don’t mean politically, I just mean generally. In America, anyone walking along the street is thought to be up to no good. In England we are always enclosed, and usually zombified in front of a television. In Istanbul and Rome I can walk and walk and walk, and I love to see groups of older people sitting around in squares or cafes just … doing nothing. In England you can’t sit anywhere unless you buy something, and America is the same. Unless you buy four bottles of wine you’re obliged to leave. I also love societies where different age groups mix naturally, and I find this so in Turkey, and it’s very important and rewarding. England and America look upon senior citizens as a problem. "

Perhaps if you dressed up as a goat?

"You will never hear a news report say how “the police shot at the people”, yet you will always hear “the police shot at demonstrators” – as if demonstrators are not really people. "

The police are people too, no?

"the people". He's talking about police that are used by their State to oppress their population and the language that is used in the media after the event. Anyone who doesn't tow the line forgoes their right to be referred to as a person or citizen.

if the media used the world people or the people, to refer to the people protesting, everybody would be confused as to which people. The police, the protestors, the by-standers, the politicians. Demonstrators is merely an identifier, so we know exactly who we are talking about. Demonstrators is not a derogatory term, it is only descriptive, like using the term police, who are also people.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom